1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discounts will be deep on Friday, analysts say

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Nov 24, 2005.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Discounts will likely be led by Wal-Mart after Chief Executive H. Lee Scott said the company planned to be aggressive on prices this year. Last year, the company stumbled in the early days of the holiday season by limiting discounts to bolster profit.

"Wal-Mart is going to hit the discounts deep and hard," said Patricia Edwards, a money manager at Wentworth, Hauser & Violich in Seattle. "In the game of war, that's what you do to put your opponents behind."

In a holiday circular on its Web site, Wal-Mart is advertising DVDs for as low as $3.44 and a Hewlett-Packard Co. desktop computer with a 15-inch LCD flat panel monitor for $398. Wal-Mart Stores will offer a 42-inch plasma television for $997, almost 75 percent less than Best Buy Co.

Wal-Mart's special offers, such as the plasma TV, will run from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Friday. Get a sneak peak at the discounts at http://www.walmart.com/

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

My 17 year old left at 4:00AM to meet friends at Sherries (breakfast) and then shopping. Not me, it's raining out there.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

It's not raining here. I still stayed in bed -- which is a much better bargain IMHO -- getting to stay in my warm bed past 8am on a cold Friday morning :D