1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discrimination

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Oct 30, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I look at it like this. If I come into your house, and I begin telling you that your couch would look better over in the corner; I'd paint your bedroom green instead of white; your wife needs to bake that cake a few minutes longer, etc, eventually you'd tell me to leave. And you'd have every right to do so. When immigrants come to America, they need to adapt to our culture, not us to theirs. If people want "Little Italy", "Little Japan", "Little China",etc, they need to go back there. Whenever I call and get the "press one for English, press two for Spanish", I just cringe. I am not a bigot, but if I chose to move to France, I would think enough of them to learn to speak french. We try to adopt way too many cultures here. I believe in the "melting pot" and all, but we are putting too many "vegetables" into the pot, and can't feed what we have here.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The point about Discrimination is that not everything being called discrimination is discrimination and even something's that might be discrimination are necessarily wrong. The term has become a one sided term to mean evil and it does not have to be evil to discriminate.

I discriminate against certain people. There are some races I would never marry into. Not because of the color of their skin but because I do not like their overall lifestyles even when they are Chrsitians. I would never consider marrying a midget or some other conditions some people might have. Not all discrimination is wrong. That is the point. We have allowed the world to influence us into their thinking and are ashamed to admit that we discriminate. We should not be ashamed as long as we are not violating the commands or principles of God. Just because we discriminate does not mean we do not love the person in the Lord. In fact to walk with the Lord properly we must discriminate.

#62 freeatlast, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're quick to wrongly accuse me, which is why this is almost impossible to discuss. I see them as a political entity that exerts great influence over the affairs of my country. But in your eyes they are God's Chosen and beyond reproach. You don't see the inherent danger in that?

I believe the grip they have on the affairs of this country began with the Church and the errors of dispensationalism, and, if there's to be a correction, it has to begin with the Church.

Do you believe Paul was being disciminatory, or hateful, in Phil 3:2?

#63 kyredneck, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think we have to go all the way back to God on the supporting of isreal, as He promised to bless those who favored the Jewish peoples, and curse those who came against them!

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you don't see the inherent danger in that?

We HAVE to support them or be cursed.

Dispensationalism is so wrong and I mean wrong at it's very foundation.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=67203

There is a general GROSS misapplication of Gen 12:3 to physical Israel instead of to spiritual Israel, to which it applies, i.e. “Now to Abraham were the promises spoken, and to his seed. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ..... And if ye are Christ`s, then are ye Abraham`s seed, heirs according to promise” [Gal 3:16,29] The promises pertain to the Church of Christ, not to physical descendants of Abraham.

Take note; just as Abraham's faith was accounted to him for righteousness BEFORE circumcision, so was this promise made to him BEFORE circumcision. Paul brings out the significance of that in Romans 4.

Putting 'DNA Israel' on the pedestal and making them 'The Chosen Ones' is wrong.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct in that we should discriminate (judge) between saved and unsaved.

You are incorrect in discriminating against a midget for no reason other than they're a midget.

You are incorrect in discriminating against someone of a different color "because of their lifestyle." You're still associating a certain lifestyle based on color, with no regard for the individual.

You are incorrect about "other conditions some people might have." You're talking about your own shortcomings in dealing with challenges; and thus, denying God the opportunity to show you how to "do all things through Christ Jesus."

As I iterated in a previous post, and which is mentioned at least twice in scripture: "There is neither Jew nor Greek." While addressed to believers, the principle applies across the board; and is specifically applicable to your statement about "...lifestyles even when they're Christians."

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Good post!

9. joey

joey Member

:thumbsup: Are you sure you're not Australian?!!! That is just what we're saying down under! We welcome those who accept our values and beliefs, otherwise they shouldn't move here.

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Yeah, what nerve for us not to support a nation that does not believe that Jesus Christ IS the Son of God. What nerve for us not to support them, eventhough they are STILL looking for the Messiah to come, when He came, did His Father's will, and was received back into Glory. What nerve for us to not support them eventhough they hold to the OT customs, and still think that pork is an unclean animal still.

I am all for supporting Israel as an ally, because any country that opposes Iraq, Iran, and those other heathen nations, we should help. But do not support Israel as the dispy's do. God has one promise for one seed, those who are part of Jesus Christ, the true Vine, and the true Israel.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Your twisting of scripture to support an invalid view is dishonoring to the Lord. The passage that speaks of neither Jew not Greek is speaking in regards to salvation, not personal tastes in regards to marriage. So then I suggest that you find yourself a wife who is a midget of another race and live happily ever after. So you would be wrong in your assessment, and I stand on what I said.

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The preceding post only further reveals FAL's heart, and I find it very sad.

13. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

So who would be the isrealites getting saved by the Messiah at his second coming if NOT national Jews?

As the Church Body already was saved and glorified before that event?

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I fear your hatred for dispensationalism has affected your ability to properly interpret many scriptures. For instance:

Genesis 12:3 (KJV)
    How do you interpret this verse of scripture? Is it true, or do you perhaps think it is not outdated?

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Aren't you one of those who claims we are not to judge? And doesn't this mean you are a hypocrite for judging another's heart?

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I claimed no such thing- please re-read my first post.

And your own words do a better job of judging you than anything that I say.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pretty much figured that'd be what you'd say.