1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discussion of Predestination

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Baptist_Pastor/Theologian, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

(i)nept,

The only one around here with a chip on his shoulder is you. I do not have that burden. In reference to Matthew 18 and Romans 14 you seem to be perfectly willing to judge me on a regular basis. You even have flat out accused me of not be fit for the office of pastor. Some of the others here have come to my defense but you are persistent in wanting to prove me wrong. So much so that you try to make me out to be an Arminian. It seems that no matter what I suggest you are going to be against it. I have repeatedly come back at you with substance and you still come at me with jabs. Even now you find it hard to accept that I have a view that is very much the same as a credible Calvinist theologian. Yet your attacks against me were based on comments that I made regarding the same subject matter that Pink addressed. Not only that but the concept that we are all saved by grace and born as children of wrath is entirely biblical. A strong reaction may be justified when the position is outside the confounds of orthodoxy, such as open theism, but the concepts I have put forward are very much within biblical Christianity. They may not be something you have latched on to but they are thoughts that have been expressed by others on many occasions.

Different place and different time I may have been more hurt by your attacks, but I am very settled in my believes and do not need your approval. What I would appreciate from you as a fellow believer is less animosity and more restraint when you do not agree with someone on this board.

Your slams against me are simply unfounded. Answer me this how have I wavered as you assert? Just because my views are not perfectly in stock with your own does not mean that I am inconsistent, it means that on some things I may have a varying take or see a different way of getting at something than you do. I invite you to discuss the issues and quit making baseless accusations that you cannot possibly back up, in other words, quit making this such a person affront and stick to the subject matter.