1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dishonorable Discharge

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Sep 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naval Seals have rejected it

I just heard that it is putting National Security at risk. IDK

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    its a handful of idiots doing that. The number of them is so small they aren’t a factor in anything. Don’t blow it out of proportion.

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the vaccinated that are trying the hardest to tell the unvaxed what to do. The unvaxed are simply fighting back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is the key phrase!

Now, how about these questions - How many people have died from taking the shot. You say you have not heard of any? Is it because that it has been buried in the media? How many MD's and RN's have reservations of these shots? Locally, a doctor does a medical show on radio - and has expressed some reservation. I have a good friend who is an RN and is totally against the shot. Yes, I understand this is only 2 examples - but there is no doubt in my military mind that there are many more. Are they being - for lack of a better term - being blackemailed from being more vocal?

How about a show such as 60 minutes or 20-20 - having a true debate on the issue.

All, I am saying - is getting the full story.

Remember back in the day there were a few doctors who thought washing your hands before an operation was a good ideal. But most thought it was stupid. -- Just saying.

One last thing, Silverhair - many are being forced to get the shots......

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There have been vaccine deaths....but we do not know how many were related to other issues. The total post vaccine mortality rate is .0026% of those who were vaccinated. So the risk is very small (much smaller than dying of covid) but there is a risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that we need all the information put out there. And yes we have Drs and nurses that have voiced disagreement. Not sure if I would use blackmailed but I do remember a time when you could not go to school if you did not have your vax's up to date. And when I was in the forces we had to get vax's before we deployed to some areas.
    I know that here in Canada you cannot be forced to take the vax {that's the law} but an employer can make having the vax a condition of employment. I know a number of them have said they will do that. I think people are just trying to get this covid thing under control.
    What gets me is they complain about the restrictions because of the covid and then refuse to get the shot so we can stop this thing. Go figure.

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may well be a small number that are doing really dumb things but they are still causing serious problems at hospitals and such. When we have Drs & nurses that are afraid to go to work, that are being harassed, spit on etc. what are we supposed to think.
    If putting restrictions on those that refuse to get vaxed so the 80% can get back to a more normal life then perhaps that is what we have to do for a short time.
    I think we would call that an intervention in some cases. Sometimes you just have to step in to help those that are incapable or not will to helping themselves.
    Now how is that for an explosive idea.
    And if you think that those people are not a factor in anything then just check the news.

8. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not said they have to get vaxed but they do have to accept the restrictions that come with that choice. And there in is the problem. They want no vax and no restrictions.
    Only children figure that there are no consequences to their action or choices.

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The consequences must be logical. When a vax does not stop or even meaningfully slow transmission, the consequences are serving no purpose other than a punitive coercion to force one to give up liberty.

If your vax works, why do you care about who is and is not vaxed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the vaccine works to provide the functional immunity the experts say it provides, but not the sterilising immunity some think it should, and vaccines are not 100% effective.

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless it provides sterilising immunity it's pointless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except, like other vaccines that do not provide sterilising immunity (flu vaccine, measles vaccine, pneumonia vaccine, etc.) it saves lives.

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saves lives? Does not stop transmission. Does not stop symptomatic infection. I have a better immunity than most vaccinated people, but I am supposed to have extra restrictions placed on me. JonC, a bunch of fools are running this nation. This is pure foolishness. Even the EU and Australia recognize natural immunity.
    I am sick of (others) driving the fear behind this SCAMdemic.

#33 Reynolds, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Just like the measles vaccine. It has saved lives and minimized the spread of measles.

The problem with cling the pandemic a "scamdemic" is many of us have known people who have died of covid or are Atilla suffering from having had the virus. I told you about a family member. I told you about a few friends. One of my wife's friends had covid last year and is still on oxygen (portable oxygen, he is not in the hospital).

I am glad you think civid us a scam. But I think perhaps many more know it us not.

That said, believing it is a scam I understand why you would think a vaccine unnecessary. Knowing it can be deadly, I disagree. Each of us base our views on our experience.

15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The virus is not a scam. The reaction to the virus is a scam to take control of the population. The virus is a respritory virus that has a fatality rate similar to the seasonal flu.
    The chance a healthy person will not die of Covid is 99.97%. So yes, the over reaction to this virus is a scam.
    One of the Covid nurses at our local hospital told me that my doctor came by the Covid ward and was joking with them that they needed to get the Covid patients well and make room for his flu patients. He said "you know this is my flu ward.". She said hospital Dr on duty told him "you didn't have any flu patients last year and you won't have any this year." They then both laughed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah.....sorry, I misunderstood ya.

I would not expect much flu as covid is more contageous (it'd be like putting up a steel net to stop red fish and being shocked large sharks didn't make it through).

That saud; it is unfortunate that so many have had the flu and died of the flu. I wonder if people will bypass flu shots thinking the covid vaccines will somehow prevent influenza.

That said, I agree. Both overreaction and underreaction can be a scam.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    they aren’t even showing up in the news.

18. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have no anti-vaccine mandates. Yet, there's nothing so noble in sitting back and watching you kill yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

The Jolt: Anti-vaxxers shut down vaccination event, harass state health workers

Georgia anti-vaxxers shut down mobile vaccine event

Anti-vaccine, anti-mask demonstrations across U.S. take violent turns

Anti-vaccination protesters in Georgia shut down vaccine clinic, harass health workers

20. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    What news are you watching? If you continue to keep your eyes closed you will not see anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.