1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Diverse discussion in revelation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was just reviewing the book quickly and came across several thoughts. The woman imaged in Revelation 12 I gather must be the city of Jerusalem. I come to this conclusion by trying to put together like imagry in the book and assume that similar type imagery have the same meaning. So with regard to the woman in Rev 12
    quickly looking elsewhere in the same book I came accross this
    So the first woman with the 12 stars depicting the 12 tribes of Israel and specifically (maybe) a reference to its connection with Zion. And the other woman same imagery probably same type vehicle of expression for the same object a City. One is obviously Rome (of ancient roman empire not modern referrence). Therefore I think the prior is Jerusalem. Any thoughts? From the discription given of the foul woman it seems this prophesy has already been fulfilled
    which has been accurately completed by the Visagoths and the Ostragoths. Rome was thuroughly sacked and plundered and burned. They did have authority over other nations and now have none.

Also I wonder about the lake of fire and the relationship between it and hades.