1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Division is GOOD!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

You could be an Arminian then. :)

Well, wait, not quite. Arminianism also believes in total depravity. So, Arminians are really two-point Calvinists. :)

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have placed multiple threads on John 6 and you have not ONCE responded with any kind of expositional or exegetical based response - NOT ONCE!

The record is there for all to check and I dare anyone to produce one single post from you that contains any EXEGETICAL or EXPOSITIONAL based response. All that can be found is historical or philosophical generalities.

BTW if you had any substantial evidence you would be repeating it at least ONE TIME and no one can find even ONE TIME you have done so with any of my threads and there are many.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, OSAS taught by jesus and paul, didn't know they both lived in 16th century?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All of your presentations argue that since every square is a rectangle - we should imagine that something has stated that every rectangle is a square - thus when you find the fact that all those who come to Christ were first drawn - you then insist that we "imagine" that the text also said "all those drawn WILL come to Christ" when in fact - no such text exists in all of scripture.

By contrast we DO have "I will DRAW ALL unto Me" John 12:32 after we have "God so loved the WORLD - yes really!"

in Christ,

Bob

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, you MUST define the term World and All as the Bible does, and both cases, its restrictive to be defined as those whom he intended to die for, the elect!

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    By contrast we DO have "I will DRAW ALL unto Me" John 12:32 after we have "God so loved the WORLD - yes really!"

Indeed I must - which means I get to pay attention to all the Bible texts that Calvinists must avoid.

For example the two statements above by JOHN - start with this statement -

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

====

Nothing AT ALL in that starting context for the Gospel of John saying "God selects out who should be allowed to believe and ignores the rest so if the world does not know HIM - it is because God did not care to enlighten them".

To insert such Calvinist eisegetical content is to bend-and-wrench the context for the Gospel of John - beyond all recognition.

And this is pretty obvious to almost all that read John 1.

in Christ,

Bob

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes we do have "Judas went out and hanged himself" and "go thou and do likewise" and "whatsover thou does, do quickly." Your position is developed exactly this way - jerked out of context. Any doctrine in the world is possible by your method of hermeneutics.

What did Jesus say was the "light" of men? "in him was LIFE and LIFE was the LIGHT of men." This is the "LIGHT" that Christ gives to all men - PHYSICAL LIFE. This has nothing to do with drawing all men to him. Unless, you believe in universal salvation that all men are given eternal LIFE as they come in the world, "in him was LIFE and LIFE was the LIGHT of men."

====

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the prophetess hold to such doctrines as you are espousing here?

9. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

lol!!!!!!!

10. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Dream on, fabricate on.........

11. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Didn't you mean to address this to Biblicist and not to me??

12. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Utterly ridiculous and completely untenable. And you have the nerve to accuse the RCs of confusing the physical and spiritual and being unable to distinguish between the two. The way you twist scripture, you should consider joining the circus as a contortionist. You'd draw big crowds with your unique talent.

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

John was the one who defined "light" to be "life" in this context not I. Take it up with him.

However, when you stoop to make personal attacks then we know your position cannot be defended reasonably or rationally and that is the flag of surrender!

#93 The Biblicist, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  14. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Then you surrendered a long time ago. It is you who initiates personal attacks, liar. I respond to them.

Again, your interpretation is untenable. Jesus is clearly talking about the spirit, not the flesh. You've shown one more flaw that you have in common with your Pharisee ancestors.

15. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

This thread, post #29, shows you to be the liar you are:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=86591&highlight=John&page=3

This is just one place of many that I have addressed this topic.