1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Divorced Ministers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by labaptist, Jun 12, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Best observation in this thread, yet.

Ed

#41 EdSutton, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

May I suggest that one can 'minister', even if divorced, according to any Scripture I can find, for I see that all are called to minister.

It is only when we confute and confuse the spiritual gifts into and with the Biblical offices, that this 'impasse' occurs. But our own (Baptist) 'tradition' of rolling the office of elder/bishop into the spiritual gift of pastor and teacher has muddled these waters. I pray for you, Apreacher4him. But I also think that deciding that one is now unqualified to 'serve' is limiting greatly. the Biblical concept of 'serve' into an unsupported idea from culture. God bless, and I'm outta this thread, all.

A quote from the late Dr. S. Lewis Johnson I once heard him make, rings true with me.

"Tradition, apart from the Word of God is error grown old!"

He repeated this with: "Tradition apart from the Word of God is error grown cold!"

I agree.

Ed

#42 EdSutton, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

You reminded me of something else that I meant to add: People also need to make sure that they are changing their doctrines because they misunderstood something and not simply for the sake of convenience.

4. mnw

mnw New Member

Hope, I can agree with you on that. We should never hesitate to change if we are convinced from Scripture that our position is wrong. But as you stated, change for convinience is wrong.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, a big AMEN to that :thumbs: