1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DMin at Southern

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by PastorSBC1303, Jun 19, 2004.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am looking to start a DMin in Expository Preaching at Southern in the next year. Any others out there in the DMin program at Southern? What are your thoughts on their program,. etc?

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why not a Ph.D.?

3. RandR

RandR New Member

Perhaps his job and minsitry preclude him from moving back to Louisville to attend traditional classes full-time, but a few trips a year are "doable."

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I do not desire to uproot my family and move to a seminary to pursue a PhD. A DMin allows me to go to the seminary for 2 weeks a year and keep my present ministry position and keep my family in a place that we are all happy and feel that we are where God desires us to be at this time in our life and ministry.

5. JGrayhound

JGrayhound New Member

If you are going to do a DMin...there is no better place than Southern.

Heck, even John MacArthur's staff guys come (or went) to Southern for their DMin.

6. Dave G.

Dave G. New Member

"Heck, even John MacArthur's staff guys come (or went) to Southern for their DMin."

That may change now that The Master's Seminary has begun their own D.Min. program. The standards are very high, and like their Th.D. program, it looks to be one of the best programs of its kind.

Still, I agree that SBTS has a good D.Min. program, particularly in the Expository Peaching track.