1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNA and the Christian

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Ok.........How much does DNA play into the personality and attitdue of a born again believer? I rededicated my life to Jesus throw his convicting power in Sep. 2004, and he totally changed my life, including my personality and attitude. But......

I can still struggle with my temper (especially with my wife), pride, procrastination, and lust. I know that we are all in the flesh and will have struggles and battles as long as we are on this earth. But my dad who passed away March 11, 1997 was a devout Christian. You could see Christ all in and over his life.

The thing I'm getting at is this, my dad was a good dude before becoming a Christian, so when he got saved he simply became a much better dude. Before rededicating my life I was a cocky, conceited, jerk. So although I now like everyone and try to be nice to everyone, my old ways battle me at times.

Is a person who was a nice person with good morals before Christ going to be a super Christian after the Lord Jesus comes into his heart? And are people like me who weren't good people before the Lord going to have days when we struggle and our struggles are more obvious because our old man wants to creep back in and he is awful?

Now even if the DNA comes into play, I know it's nothing that the Lord can't fix, but it's still interesting. Questions/comments???

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, join the club about feeling the needs of a lot of changes to make, habits to break, and new things and ways to learn and remember patience.

(Luk 15:7) I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

3. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Saying nothing negative about your dad, but you saw his outsides..... and you are looking at your insides........ Ya got be careful when you compare those two!!!!!!!!