1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Arminians Agree

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformer, Aug 19, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

It seems to this casual observer here at BB that...

...Most non-Cals in the SBC are semi-pelagian. Any opinions on that view?

skypair

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't a person know if they were semi-pelagian?
    I much prefer the term "Born Again Christian" The terms non-cal and Arminian are really offensive. What if I labeled Calvinist with something other than what they wish to be called.
    I do not live by the faith of another man so why should I be called anything other than what I am. A "Born Again Christian".

To place people in categories is really an attempt to discredit them by the faults of others.

Just because someone has one point in common with another belief doesn't make them a follower of more than one belief..

What would happen if I called Calvinist "Catholic Calvinist" After all that is what they are most similar to and it is where they came from. However this does not make them Catholic Calvinist. Most prefer to be called reformers but, it still means the same thing. They are still catholic in origin, and it is still the Catholic Church they have set out to reform.

Arminians are most similar to Methodist and I most certainly am no Methodist. Again another name that came out of Calvinism and originally Catholic in origin.

Why is it so hard for Calvinist to believe that Catholics were not the original Christians.
    MB

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree! :thumbs:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm "semi hungry"...I think I'll go eat something...

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful webdog;
    You might become semi fat. LOL:laugh:
    MB