1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Arminians Teach Decisional Regeneration?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Chappie, I know of no gentle way to say this. This statement is stupid! Why in the world would I be chasing the man around with a match, and why would I think I was doing the Lord's will doing it? That is nonsensical! I think I would be doing the Lord's will to proclaim the Gospel to the man and to seek to win him to Christ. Period. Watch your tongue, brother (Jas. 3).

Rev. G
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hello Rev .
    I think that you were pretty gentle myself. You see, i think that it was pretty stupid also. Just wanted to make sure that you felt as i do...

Does this mean that we can leave Pharoah's fate up to God without any unscriptural assumptions???
    Watching my togue....

[ October 05, 2002, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Chappie ]

2. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Chappie:
    I think we are agreed (as I think, or at least hope, everyone on this entire thread is) that we as Christians are responsible to win proclaim the Gospel to ALL people.

As far as Pharaoh goes, I still believe that the text at least implies that the man was an "object of wrath" (context of Rom. 9). Can we agree on this, that Pharaoh will one day stand before the Judge of the Earth and stand responsible for his own actions?

Rev. G

3. Rev.
    The point that I was attempting to make with my foolish comments is that the day before the cross; the thief on the cross would have been considered a vessel of wrath.

I do not see Pharoah as a vessel of wrath created by God for that purpose. He was a sinner just like you and I, The scriptures do not place him in hell, why do we. As long as there is breath in the body, repentance is possible.

Evey man born, is born a vessel of wrath.

Romans 9:22
    22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
    KJV

When we intreprit this passage, the phrase: "What if God" deffinitely takes the passage out of the realm of reality and places it well within the framework of a hypothetical situation.

[ October 06, 2002, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: rlvaughn ]

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Chappie,

God also granted me the ability to see the same truth as you have found. If these Calvinists would study the Greek they would quickly come to the conclusion that God is using the hypothetical in Romans 9:22. They refuse to do this because it would end centuries of misinformation to the Christian world. When He says, 'What if God . . . ' surely does not mean that in fact He did damn some and save some of His own free will and accord.

Personally, I believe that Pharaoh will end up in Hell, but only because he did not receive the valid witness of Moses and the people of God. He was a witness to the mighty plagues coming from the Living God, but refused to yield to the true God.

Esau received the 'blessing' coming from his earthly and Heavenly Father in matters 'concerning things to come.' [Hebrews 11:20] Jacob also welcomed this spiritual blessing as they are both included among the heroes of the Christian faith.

Just as you pastors offer a blessing over your Christian congregation and individual saints so too Isaac did this as he ended his earthly life. Although you do not individually name each of your congregants at the close of a service, Jacob and Esau enjoyed this monumental, covenant blessing straight from the Triune Godhead.

And before you Calvinists tell me how awful a sinner Esau was [Hebrews 12:16] let me challenge you to study another elevated saint called, Jephthae in verse thirty-two of the same chapter and book of the Bible. I have done this and factored this into my dissertation for my Th D. degree having written on the subject, "Quasi-Augustinian Theology."

[​IMG]

5. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Some of these Calvinists have studied Greek.
    :rolleyes:
    It's the reason we're Calvinists. :D

Rev. G