1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do BOTH Cals/Arms Affirm Doctrine Of Election?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No.....there were covenant breakers in the OT. They were never elect unto salvation

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Spurgeon

We like to argue the "I" guy when it comes to someone disagreeing with our doctrine, but they will not rebuke Paul.

1 Corinthians 9:
    Paul’s Use of His Freedom
    19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

It does not matter if you do not know if you are the elect of God or not, you just come and Jesus WILL IN NO WISE CAST YOU OUT.

Don't make excuses like I might not be the elect, or that I coming makes me save myself, or I need to change my life. You just come to Jesus just as you are a sinner and God through Jesus will change your life.

Men hinder us by things they can't understand, but God word through Jesus reaches right past this evil mind and flesh right to your inner most being telling us to believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved or not and continue to condemnation.

#62 psalms109:31, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reponse, think that the basic issue still comes back to this...

it appears that Arminianism has man as determining their spiritual state/condition, while Cals see it as God being final ultimate source...

4. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

JesusFan,

Bro, I love ya, but you have been here long enough to learn to use the quote feature. Please go back and edit your post to contain my words in quote boxes. They look like this: {quote} {/quote} except replace the "{" with a "[ "

It makes it very difficult to follow and respond when you fail to use these features. They are very easy to learn if you practice using them. If you make those corrections then I will respond. Thank you!

5. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Source

Jesus is the source of our salvation and His word is the source of who is saved or not, and those who believe in Jesus shall be saved. This doesn't take away the source of Salvation which is God and human responsibility.

We are His messenger God's representative on Earth, His ambassador’s.

That those who are His are those who trust in Christ. God did say that He will keep the meek and humble who will trust in the Lord. They are not His because they trusted in the Lord, but because the word say's they will be. To God this is not work no matter how men try to twist the word of truth.

I trust in Jesus not declare work that I have not done because it is not work only men try to make it that, so that I can declare the work of God through Jesus.