1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Christians become perfect with the Resurrection of the Dead?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Kathryn, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Baptist belief is sure diverse. :rolleyes:
    Is this a little soul liberty?

God Bless

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

</font>[/QUOTE]The word implies full development, growth into maturity of godliness, not sinless perfection. Eph 4:12-13. In this passage the Father's kindness, not His sinlessness, is the point in question. Lu 6:35-36 (Scofield)

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Baptist belief is sure diverse. :rolleyes:
    Is this a little soul liberty?

God Bless
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, If I remember correctly, ME2 is not really a Baptist; she is a universalist, believing that in the end all: evil and good will be saved.
    DHK

4. Me2

Me2 New Member

the knowledge of Good and evil is the knowledge of the spiritual realm.

which contains two sides or opposing sides. the knowledge of God and who He is. and the knowledge of Satan and who he is.

Adam was destined to eat of the fruit.

It is Gods method of allowing man to become one within God's Son. to take on the image that was destined for man to eventually become.

In the beginning was the word. The "word" contained the plans of Salvation towards Gods creation. The substitution and sacrifice for Gods creation. the ultimate expression of Love towards his creation.

and the verse concerning being perfect is pointing to being complete. follow the goal that has been started..becoming complete. God is complete in a sense that he is holy. Our Goal is the same to be holy. which is to contain the spirit and knowledge of our lord Jesus Christ.
    That is Considered being Complete.

DHK, Im a Guy. and Im a baptist that believes that God loves his creation. excluding none.
    I do believe Jesus died for all sin and defeated death for everyone. even if they dont know it yet.
    unlike others I believe That God will Save 100% of His creation instead of Torturing 99% forever.

Me2

5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So what does it mean to keep this command:
    (Mat 5:48 KJV) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It means to be holy.

1 Peter 1:15
    but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

1 Peter 1:16
    because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

This is not talking about God's goodness.

Without Grace no one can be holy or perfect. We are all to be holy. We are to live in grace. Our bodies are "temples of the Holy Spirit". We are to be filled with grace. At the Resurrection of the Body Jesus Christ will make all things new.

God Bless

6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Me2, do you believe in the Resurrection of the body?

7. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Here is some more of St. Paul on the Resurrection of the Body. He calls it the Redemption of the Body.:

Romans 8:22
    For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

Romans 8:23
    And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body .

Romans 8:24
    For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

Romans 8:25
    But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

God Bless

8. Me2

Me2 New Member

No, Only one was necessary. and it aint mine.

all resurrections (soul/spirit) are spiritual...again, except one.

I appreciate those scriptures. They seem to be pointing to the eventual completion of a plan. The inclusion of having "Living Hope".It introduces that creation as it awaits the arrival of the Sons of God. those who have "living hope" have discovered their eternal nature of their spirits. giving the believer a more reassured attitude that God is Sovereign and Has everything in control from eternity past.
    Those "in Christ" are destined to become the ambassadors of Christ in this age and the Age to come. a predestined group designed by God to be reconciling agents of God to the entirety of His creation.

as it was planned From the beginning of creation within the "word".

Me2

9. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I didn't know Baptists believed there is no redemption of the body.

God Bless

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Kathryn,
    Mat.5:48 does not necessarily mean holy. There are plenty of commands in the Bible, and they don’t all mean the same thing. Holy doesn’t mean perfect. Neither does grace. Each word has its own meaning. You have to do a word study and find out what the word means.

Certainly the Bible says that we must be holy.
    It also says we must be perfect.
    They are two different commands with two different meanings. The words holy and perfect are not the same words. Look them up.
    DHK

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I didn't know Baptists believed there is no redemption of the body.

God Bless
    </font>[/QUOTE]Baptists do believe in the redemption of the body. Me2 has his own personal beliefs which are quite at odds with most Baptists.

12. Me2

Me2 New Member

As a rule of thumb, any belief that God PERSONALLY hasnt proved to me.

I cant believe.

such as He states he's infinite Love. and religion wants you to believe that God will torture 99% of his creation that he loves infinitely.

dont make much sense.

and this bodily resurrection is science fiction. something that this generation would swallow hook, line and sinker without questioning its very merits. all resurrections are spiritual. except the ones you want to imagine...of course in the future.
    so youll never have to actually prove..

My God proves everything to me PERSONALLY that I believe. not something I can Imagine by reading a book.

Me2

13. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

DHK: We are to be holy and perfect. God makes us both through Grace. The completion or perfection comes at the resurrection of the body or as St. Paul calls it the "Redemption of the body". I am surprised Baptists don't see this redemption of the body as the completion.

God Bless

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That's a J.W. doctrine, believed in primarily to deny the deity of Christ.
    Can you prove to me a "spiritual resurrection," or even explain one? There is no such thing.
    DHK

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Different words are used in different ways according to their context. How much have I emphasized that I do not know.

Rom.8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
    23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Some day our bodies will be redeemed. We wait for that day, which will be the coming of Christ. In fact the whole of creation is under the curse of God, and travails in pain, until Christ comes and sets up His Kingdom on earth and removes the curse.

None of this has to do with 1Cor.13:8-13
    DHK

16. Me2

Me2 New Member

can you detect the spirit of God within you?

if you can detect it, Can you reassure yourself that it belonged to another human being, lived and died in another life. and had God the creator personally raise it from the dead....

we can go at this but I refuse
    why dont you just stop the patronizing..

Everything that God Gives Man requires Faith.

and its not my faith. Its the Faith of My Lord Jesus Christ. Im just "overhearing" a conversation within myself.

Either I accept that its true or not...
    without doubting...

Me2

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

18. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

So DHK, do Christians become perfect with the Resurrection of the dead, the "redemption of the body", that is the question here?

You have said absolutely not, if I remember correctly. Now you seem to be saying something else. Is your answer yes or no? St. Paul seems to be saying this is important.

Romans 8:22
    For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Romans 8:23
    And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

God Bless

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You remember correctly. To answer otherwise would be blasphemous. Our bodies will be redeemed, but not perfect.
    DHK

20. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

God is not going to give anything imperfect. We get our own glorified body just as Jesus Christ did. This is not blasphemy, it is the word of God:

“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 3:18

Do Baptists really believe their bodies will be redeemed but not be perfect?

God Bless