1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do does one of God's attributes stand out above the others?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Plain Old Bill, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

In other words if there is one prominant attribute, what is it?

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY!

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

That is certainly a stand out.
    What about love?He loved us so much He created us.He loved us so much He gave us a choice.He loved us so much that when we made the wrong choice He sent His Only Begotten Son to pay the price we should be paying for our sins. He loves us so much He provides salvation for us.He prepares a place for us.He loves us so much He wrote a book for us and tells us of His love and provision for us all the way through it.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think we as believers are more aware of his mercy and love because we realize we are forgiven and know the cost for that. But all of God's attributes are equal at all times -- His mercy is never more than his justice, his love is never more than his righteousness, he is always unchangeable and holy at all times, he is never more just than loving, etc. He is perfect and so all his attributes are perfectly in balance.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

As James_Newman inferred, it is His holiness.

One of the men of God whom I was privileged to have as my pastor for about 3 years some thirty years ago explained it to me this way:

You can put the word "holy" in front of every other one of God's other attributes. You can't honestly put any other word in that position and do justice to that attribute of God, but you can with the word "holy." In other words, God's holiness is the foundational attribute of all of His other ones.