1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do Muslims/jews/Christians Worship same God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zara

zara New Member

Jesus is Jewish. Jews worship the God of the OT as do Christians. One doesn't go to Hell until after Judgment which hasn't happened yet and won't happen for a 1,000 years after the Messiah comes. The Christian Messiah is the same as the Jewish Messiah. Jesus was the human Son of Man from a Jewish Virgin Mother. Jews are wonderful folks and excel in many passions. Jews are very human and treat their families and fellow Americans with kindness and respect. Jews believe to do onto others as they would expect others do onto them.

zara
    ....:tonofbricks:

#41 zara, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. Christians worship the God of the COMPLETED Testament.

Nope. There are people in hell right now. After the 1000 years is the FINAL Judgment and people are cast into an eternal lake of fire, not hell.

If a person has died without Christ, he is unfortunately currently in hell. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, Hebrews 9:27

Yep. in true revelation He is. In current Jewish revelation, that's not true. They reject the revelation that Jesus is The Messiah. And thus go to hell as He is the ONLY Way to the Father.

So the JEWS aren't worshiping the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They are worshiping their idea of who He is. They were given the truth and they rejected it.

And I'm sure folks can say that about atheists, and Mormons, and Muslims, and Hindus and a lot of other folks who worship false gods. But being wonderful and excelling in passions isn't gonna keep anyone out of hell.

3. zara

zara New Member

zaac:

I am a Devout Christian with only a little knowledge of the denominations you demonize above. Why on earth do you spread such filth. We of the flock are to offer the Good News and replace prejudice with understandings of common grounds and a goodwill of our humanity.

You seem to position yourself as the Judge. YOU'RE NOT. They act on their God given "free will" to meet the Judgements of God only. Your condemnations are invalid. Can you not offer them your humanity with a smile ?? Just maybe you could breath easy and see how they feel about John the Baptist and the Chalice of the Last Supper compared to that of Mary Magdalene.

zara

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Just where do the souls/spirits of unbelievers go when the body dies? Unbelieving Jews will receive the same fate as all other unbelievers.

5. OldRegular

Whoever the Jews worship, whoever anyone worships has nothing to do with the reality of God!

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The devout Jews and Muslims do not believe Jesus is the Son of God, or God the Son. If you don't worship the Triune God, you don't worship God.

Jesus is the Door to the sheepfold. If you don't believe in the Door, you're not going to get into the sheepfold, because you can't get in if you don't believe in the only way to the sheepfold. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. If any tries to come in any other way, they are the same as a thief and a robber.

7. OldRegular

But only those redeemed by Jesus Christ can worship God!

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::godisgood::jesus::applause:

9. zara

zara New Member

No, no!! .... Everyone can worship God! Everyone faces God at Judgement even Atheists and vile Forum members.

Zara ... :godisgood:

... From my iPhone

#49 zara, Nov 2, 2012
  10. OldRegular

No doubt they think they are worshiping God!

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Zara,, what are you talking about??? Spread what filth? everyone of those false religions listed is sending people to hell by the thousands.
    Yes we of the flock are to take them the Good News. But there is no common ground between light and darkness.

You just made a judgment. Are you the only one allowed to judge?

They don't need my humanity. They need Jesus. I'll say that this is a subject you may need to just leave alone. Because if you're telling folks some of the stuff that you have said on here, then God help you.

Means NOTHING. I know how they feel about Jesus Christ. He is the ONLY One Who can save.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And where do you see this Scripturally?

13. zara

zara New Member

Daniel 7.

zara

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

zara

are you referencing the following:

14...that all peoples, nations, and languages
    should serve him;

If so, that is not a reference to EVERYONE. That's peoples (i.e. people groups), nations, and languages.

That could easily be one person of every people group, nation, and language.

We know it's not EVERYONE or else there wouldn't be a need for a Great White throne of Judgment where unbelievers receive final judgment.

15. zara

zara New Member

Only God Judges. Christians offers the Gospel and Grace and do not condemn others nor their Religions. Let the guiltless sinner throw the first stone .

All can go onto God for deliverance into heaven even non Christians.
    The road is narrow but God can and will determine the fate of all.

Zara ...:godisgood:

16. zara

zara New Member

All will be judged, even believers and Atheists. God makes all decisions. Not you, not even Jesus / Christ.

Zara ... :godisgood:

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's not Biblically correct. You just made a judgment with that statement. You can't make a decision without passing a judgment.

2 Tim. 3:16 says 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

If no judgment could be made, then no one could ever reproof or correct.

According to Scripture they are already condemned if they reject Christ.
    18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. John 3:18

Non Christians go to hell. They don't go to deliverance. That's why they must choose Christ while alive.

People choose their own eternity based on whether or not they accept Christ as Lord and savior.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. Non-believers will be judged at the Great White Throne of Judgment where they are cast into an eternal lake of fire.

Believers will have their actions since accepting Christ as Lord and savior judged at the Bema Seat of Christ. Their's IS NOT a salvation judgment as they have already been saved.

So God decides that people will go to hell?

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I am going to show that if you don't worship THE Triune God, that is God the Father, God the Son(Jesus Christ), and God the Spirit, you don't worship the same God that we CHRISTians do.

John 4:21-24 Here we see Jesus speaking to the Samaritian woman:
    21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If anyone truly worships God, they must do so through the Spirit. If you have not the Spirit abiding in you, you are none of his(not aiming this at anyone in particular, btw, just a statement of fact). Here is where the Spirit came in:

John 14:16-26
    16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.God does not love someone who does not recognize His Son as the Messiah. God's love is upon His children, and the rest have the wrath of God upon them, except they be saved and placed in Christ.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So you see, w/o anyone worshipping God in Spirit, and in truth, they can not worship God. God sent the Spirit into the world to be the Comforter now. The Spirit is the "Evidence Bearer" that we now belong to God. Without belief in God the Son(Jesus Christ), you can not have the Spirit within you, and without the Spirit being within you, you are not of God. Without the Spirit, it is IMPOSSIBLE to worship God.

#59 convicted1, Nov 2, 2012
  20. zara

zara New Member

zaac:

God shall send many non-believers on to eternity. Evils will be tossed into the lake of fire. Christ forgives and atones for sin. He nor anyone else doesn't judge anyone and can't determine if anyone can/will ascend to heaven.

ONE GOD ... EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING

zara
    ....:1_grouphug:

#60 zara, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.