1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do Muslims/jews/Christians Worship same God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

EVERYBODY is going into eternity. Every non-Believer is going into eternity.

That's where every non-believer ends up.

Sure does...for those who trust in him as Lord and Savior.

I don't know what Bible you're reading that's telling you that God doesn't judge anyone and cant determine if they enter heaven or not. Whatever bible it is, you may want to give it back because it doesn't sound like God's HOLY Bible.

2. zara

zara New Member

Many believers and non-believers will not pass judjement nor go onto eterrnity (heaven). Of those most return to dust. Evil goes into the firey lake (ashes).

See above.

Agree. Lord, Savior, Good Shepherd, Massiah, Son of God/Man, Sacrafice, ....

Christ forgives and atones for sin. He (Christ) nor anyone else doesn't judge anyone and can't determine if anyone can/will ascend to heaven, (only God can do this).

ONE GOD ... EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING

zara
    .....:BangHead:

#62 zara, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Simply is not Biblical. EVERYBODY will spend eternity somewhere. And all will stand either at the Great White Throne of Judgment or at the Bema Seat.

You do realize that Jesus Christ is GOD, right?

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You sound more like a Jehovah's Witness than a Baptist!

5. zara

zara New Member

?????? Bema Seat ????? .....:confused:

No, NO, He is the Son of God. He never, never said that He was God, that would be tantamount to blaspheme as the Sanhedren slandered him with.

Correct ? ...ONE GOD -- EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING

zara ....
    :godisgood:

#65 zara, Nov 3, 2012
  6. zara

zara New Member

What is a Jehovah Witness Baptist? ... I am a Christian and a full member of the flock as I put in my profile.

zara .....
    :type:

#66 zara, Nov 3, 2012
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for [d]his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor. 5:10

the Bema Seat is the judgment which BELIEVERS stand before God to give an account for what they have done since they became Christians.

Lord have mercy. You don't believe that Jesus is God?

Jesus says 30 I and the Father are one.” John 10:30 If He's one with the Father, He's just as much God as is the Father.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

8. OldRegular

I did not say Jehovah's Witness Baptist. I said Jehovah's Witness. They deny the deity of Jesus Christ as you do. The moderators will have to decide whether one who denies the deity of Jesus Christ can be called a Christian.

9. zara

zara New Member

Jesus is the Son of God. Christ is the resurrected Jesus as well as a bounded Diety much below God and has only Powers given by God.

... ONE GOD, ... EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING

I am a Devout Christian, and you ?

Zara. ...:godisgood:

#69 zara, Nov 3, 2012
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

This is not a christian statement. Jesus is God...He is not below God..he is not much below anyone...

here is what christians believe:

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Then why don't you use one of those two to promote your liberal agenda, instead of using Scripture and the one true God.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

To be honest, I cannot believe some of the posts in this thread. Most on here are some type of leader in a local church, and guiding others. Many have been to seminary. Of all the doctrines to debate, there should be no disagreement about this subject. This is the stuff any sixth grader understands that has been brought up in a Christian home.

God is a Triune God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all 100% God. None were created. All were agents in Creation. (The Father in Genesis 1:1, the Son in John 1:1-14, and the Holy Spirit in Genesie 1:3.) Jesus and the Holy Spirit are fully Divine, like the Father. They are the only Beings that deserve worship, praise and adoration.

The nature of the Christian God is the only true God. A god that is God the Father only is not the complete God. A god that sent Mohammad as a divine messenger is not God. A God who created His own Son is not the true God. A god that self generates itself over eons of time is not the true God. The true God is not a life force that unifies all life in karma.

Scripture describes the true God to the degree we need to understand Him for a relationship with Jesus Christ. The God we worship is unique, and has nothing in common with other religions.

If one has a concept of their Creator like Mormons, JWs, Jews, Muslims, Shintos, Buddhists, Hindus, then one might as well be worshipping a hat rack.

If we as Baptists have come so far down the debate path, that this is an area of contention, we might as well pack our bags and go home. One cannot get more basic that this. This thread should not even be here. If one believes as some of the posts suggest, they do not believe the Gospel, Scripture, or Christ's Words.

I hope I was not vague. To answer the op, no Christians worship the one true God, seperate and apart from the Jewish, Muslim and Mormon faiths.

#74 saturneptune, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Zara, will you please address this previous post of mine before they ban you?

16. zara

zara New Member

Here Jesus confirms that he is not God. That he is the Son of God.

John 20 NIV
    Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene
    11 Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12 and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
    13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”
    “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
    15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”
    Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
    16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”
    She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
    17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
    18 Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.

Here, Solomon proclaims that their is but ONE GOD. Jesus is the Son of God.

1 Kings 8 NIV
    54 When Solomon had finished all these prayers and supplications to the LORD, he rose from before the altar of the LORD, where he had been kneeling with his hands spread out toward heaven. 55 He stood and blessed the whole assembly of Israel in a loud voice, saying:
    56 “Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. 57 May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our ancestors; may he never leave us nor forsake us. 58 May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in obedience to him and keep the commands, decrees and laws he gave our ancestors. 59 And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant and the cause of his people Israel according to each day’s need, 60 so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God and that there is no other. 61 And may your hearts be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.”

And there are many others.

This has been controversial since Paul and Peter argued this when James gave the early Church to Paul. It was also argued before Constantine at the Nicean Council in 325. Constantine finally decided the Arian Creed SHALL override the Nicean Creed thus Areinism shall become Cannon; thus Jesus and God were defined to be of separate materials.

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/arch/sbrandt/nicea.htm
    It may be that the eloquence and glory of the Emperor had sway with some, however it should be remembered that he did eventually (years after the Council) support the Arian party. A few years after the Council of Nicea, Arius discovered a new way to interpret the word "homoousius" that agreed with his doctrines. He then asked to be readmitted to communion, but the Church refused. Arius then appealed to the Emperor. Emperor Constantine's favorite sister, Constantia, on her deathbed, implored Constantine to support Arius and he did so. A date was set for the forcing of the Church to readmit Arius, but while he was waiting for Constantine to arrive Arius stopped to relive himself and his bowels burst and he died. (See Arians of the 4th Century, Chapter III, Section II by John Henry Newman)

Later, the Holy ghost was argued amongst the West Roman division of the Byzantine Church and against thw Orthodoxy. The Orthodoxy was then the leaders of the Church and effectively dictated that that the Holy Ghost was a separate entity from both God and Christ and angelic in nature.

.........Non-Trinitarians are Christians and of the Flock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism
    Modern nontrinitarian groups or denominations include Christadelphians, Christian Scientists, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), Dawn Bible Students, Friends General Conference, Iglesia ni Cristo, Jehovah's Witnesses, La Luz del Mundo, Living Church of God, Oneness Pentecostals, Members Church of God International, Unitarian Universalist Christians and the United Church of God. Islam, which considers Jesus a prophet but not divine,[7] has been described as anti-Trinitarian when compared to Christianity, or in books written for a Western audience: Islam teaches the absolute indivisibility of a supremely sovereign and transcendent god (see God in Islam),[8] and is further distinctly antitrinitarian as several verses of the Koran teach that the doctrine of Trinity is blasphemous.[9]

Nontrinitarian doctrine often generates controversy among mainstream Christians, as most trinitarians consider it heresy not to believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. At times, segments of Nicene Christianity reacted with ultimate severity toward nontrinitarian views. Following the Reformation, among some Protestant groups such as the Unitarians and Christadelphians, the same views have been accommodated.

Zara. ...:godisgood:

#76 zara, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  17. OldRegular

You are not vague S/N. You post is most appropriate; you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. You have raised issues that need to be considered by the moderators. I really appreciate and commend you for your comments!

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zara is NOT a Baptist (and by testimony, not a regenerate Christian) and is NOT allowed to post in Baptist-only sections.

Wonder what is so hard to understand - when anyone signs up they agree to follow the rules. Some areas are for ALL Christians, some are just for Baptists (actual members of actual Baptist churches).

Character demands simple obedience to the rule or walk away. Or get banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.