1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do "Old earth" Age Christians Also believe InThe Evolutionary process?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Oct 20, 2011.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It would be important to remember that, when in Scripture it speaks of death it is almost always referring to humanity. It rarely, if ever?, applies to animals or plant life.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Sure it is. :rolleyes:

Just keep repeating that lie to yourself long enough and you will eventually believe it.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

preachinjesus,

I do understand that, my comment about death prior to the fall, was in reference to death of dinosaurs and life prior Adam and Eve. Furthermore, not only science, but I think scripture as well teaches us that nothing of physical creation (including man) was engineered to live a immortal existence. For me, the narrative of the Tree of Life points out this fact. I am convinced that "entropy" was the intention from the beginning.

#43 quantumfaith, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011
  4. quantumfaith

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did He tell us how He did it?

#45 Aaron, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's important to remember that the shedding of blood is a result of, and for the remission of sin.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Adam and Eve's parents died.

So I would like to know exactly how you think Adam came to be. And "God made him" isn't what I'm asking. You've already asserted you do not believe it was a special act of creation directly from the dust on the sixth, 24-hour day from the moment the universe came into being.

So Adam had to have had some parents. What do you think they were like? What kind of society might they have had if any? Did they have a language? Whom did they worship, etc.? What does "science" teach us about the advent of Adam?

Careful, you're treading on the verge of Calvinism. It's asserted that the corruption of Adam was intended from the beginning. For the wages of sin is death.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They most certainly are. That's why they insist that Evolution be the basis of our institutions of science, law and education. One just has to open his eyes to see it.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deleted post

10. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

This all seems to me to be the rsult of Christianity taking at face value, without substainable "proofs" all those allenged facts that the evolutionists brought to us!

11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The only shedding of blood which actually remits sins under the Old Covenantal system was that of specific animals at specific times and in specific places. It isn't a universal sense (i.e. Bambi is running through the forest and a stick scratchces his leg and blood drips out.)

Under the New Covenant there was only one time and place, and only one Person, whereby pure blood was to be shed and thus act as a propitiation for sin.

12. quantumfaith

If you care to know what makes the most "sense" to me (at this time) you could read "The Science of God" by Dr. Gerald Schroeder.

13. quantumfaith

Despite what you "apparently" think of me, I am not a calvinist "hater". What I do find detestable is the manner in which some "matter of factly" contemptuously dismiss others who do not share their reformed theological system. THAT is what brings out the "snarkiness" in me, it is not the disagreement.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still waiting to for your view on the advent of Adam. Who or what were his parents, etc.