1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do people in heaven wear Clothes?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Ben W, Feb 4, 2005.

?
  1. Yes.

68.5%
  2. No.

31.5%
  3. Dont Know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

A poll on the afterlife.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm not sure I am remembering correctly, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there something about wearing robes of white? Again, not sure I have remembered this correctly.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don't know, but if I were choosing, I would run around naked or in a thong.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

If we could choose, I'd choose the lovely Victorian dresses and big hats for me. [​IMG]

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

This is all I could find, if anyone knows anyothr verses please list them.

Re 4:4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.

Re 7:9
    After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Re 7:13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?"

Re 6:11 -Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

No, they don't wear clothes.......

....they wear robes. [​IMG]

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thats good, a difference.

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

Give me and Kawbird some overalls and Red Wings. We'll ride around heaven in our air-conditioned John Deere.

9. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I'm with Diane. I would like a big Victorian dress and hat.
    One of my kids in Sunday School just ask me if Jesus wears clothes. I had to tell her I'm not for sure and we'll just have to wait and see.

10. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I hope we're not all in big Victorian dresses and hats! :D

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

I surely hope not.

12. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was kind of looking forward to the big dresses and hats, but you can keep the corset.

13. atestring

atestring New Member

Woman ate forbidden fruit and she has been doing laundry ever since. If we wear clothes I don't think that women will have to do laundry.

14. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well now I gotta question.......... what are we wearing before we get them thar' robes? :eek:

15. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

My big question is will I be an old decrepit bod, or the super model I always desired this plump body to be. If I lose an arm will that be restored....if I donate body organs will I have them back...an endless debate and only when we get there will we know for sure lol

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The passages referred to in Revelation and in this thread seem to require a part-literal/part-figurative understanding. In chapter 7, verse 9, for example, there is the crowd from all nations wearing their white robes. But in verse 14 it says they have "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." If washing material in blood does not literally make it white, can we be sure the robes are literal in the first place? The idea of washing machines or scrub boards that use blood instead of water is more like The Amityville Horror than heaven. So I think this means that we are covered with purity attained by the blood sacrifice of Jesus.

17. atestring

atestring New Member

WE may not need those organs up there. When we have a glorified body it will be like the Body Jesus has. "Beloved now we are the sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be but we will be like him for we shall see him as He is."

18. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Hummmmmm....after reading Alcott's and Atestring's post will we possibly be like Adam and Eve was in the garden before they knew sin?

19. atestring

atestring New Member

If we were pure like adam and Eve were before the fall we would not need clothes.
    The prodical son was given a robe to signify that he was a son and not a servant. That may be the reason that robes are mentioned.

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

Please explain with scripture why robes are mentioned in the bible as being in heaven.