1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Pretierism/A-Mil/Post Mil ALL Teach satan Is Right NOW Bound Up?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

If they do feel that he is right now...

Why so much evil/sin/suffering still in the World today?

2. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, he is bound, but not dead. In the Gospel age he cannot deceive "the nations" - gentiles - as evidenced by the widespread acceptance of the Gospel among the Gentiles throughout Church history. (this is the amil view, and I believe postmil also).

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

By the way, Jesusfan, you ask good questions but too many. You should be on a one-question-a-day diet.

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is bound inasmuch as he cannot deceive the nations any longer (Rev 20:3). Since the coming of Christ, he cannot prevent people all over the world trusting in the Lord for salvation. This is the meaning of Mark 3:27 and Rev 6:2. Until our Lord came, satan held the kingdoms of the world in darkness, but throughout the Gospel age (from Christ's first coming to His second- the 1,000 years of Rev 20) Satan cannot stop Christ stealing his goods.

Steve

5. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

I agree with the previous twp posters. I did want to point out that Satan is not a necessary element for evil/sin/suffering. A corrupt world and men with fallen natures are sufficient for such things. So these cannot be valid arguments against Satan being bound.