1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

do some people have a better chance to be saved

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by massdak, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope... It was Jesus with significant documentation recorded by Paul. :D

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Some people have a better chance to hear the gospel... but they don't have any better chance of accepting the gospel. That is determined by the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.

Not if God determines to send you an evangelist.

BTW, if the recent numbers are to believed, there are 80 million+ Christians in China with thousands being saved daily. At that rate, they will displace us as the country with the most born again Christians within the next couple of decades... they have probably already done so if we are counting real Christians and not false professors.

They are as guilty as any other sinner. It is not incumbent upon God to send the gospel to every person. No one deserves salvation- it is pure grace that any of us hear and receive the gospel.

A gift is not a gift if the giver does not have complete control over who it is given to.

If I give money to one homeless person, that doesn't make it the right of another homeless person to demand money from me... or to think it unfair that I only gave to the first one. And it especially doesn't give a third party, who gives no one a gift, the right to question why I didn't give money to all homeless people (assuming I could afford it). It is my prerogative to give to whom I will.

3. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

it is most assuredly Gods choice and not mans or his willingness but it is God that calls.

1Cr 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]: