1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do u dream in color or black-n-white?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by AAA, Apr 21, 2007.

?
  1. I am a female and I dream in color...

34.1%
  2. I am a female and I dream in black and white.

2.4%
  3. I am a male and I dream in color.

53.7%
  4. I am a male and I dream in black and white.

9.8%
  5. I am female and I do not dream.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am male and I do not dream.

2.4%
  7. I think that I am in a dream right now.

14.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had dreams off all my teath falling out just before my dad (Jan 1999) and brother-in-law (Mar 2007) died. Other than that, I don't remember my dreams.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I have dreamt both in color and black and white. It is odd that I should know the difference since I am somewhat color blind.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Likely your case is an example that people don't really even know how they dream; they just assume. Which leads to calculating how accurate is a dream recounted by someone else.

4. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Some times I can "see" my Brain process all the current events of my life into dreams...While I'm typing here I can close my eyes...now either the moving images are either being reflected off my eyelid or I'm viewing them being sent from my subconsience to the back of my eye...which I have a theory about anyway. Sometimes I can even control these sequential images...but barely...my Brains purely dadist when I'm awake and "playdreaming" unless I've been really focused on something for the past day or two...Like I've been obsessed over Strikers 1945 III and once I close my eyes my brain is still playing not that game but something it's made up that's similar (I did it again and this time I was almost exactly like the game with a few things mixed up and very off colour and off focus)...I think it'd be cool if I could really get something inspirational from it...

#24 UnchartedSpirit, May 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007
  5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I used to dream in black and white.

But back in the early 90's, Ted Turner bought the rights to my dreams. He colorized them, but it was a really cruddy color job, and I quickly lost interest in dreaming. We're still working on a settlement...he ruined some classic dreams.

Lately, I've gone back to color dreams, but they're mostly animated, with a few claymations thrown in.

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is wonderful about dreams is that I am usually the star......yeah rather than a bit part.....

I love flying dreams...flying above the land and the ones zipping about the galaxy.....no TARDIS, starship or nothing...

7. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I dream some of the weirdest, most nonsensical dreams. They typically involve church in some way or monsters. Sometimes both.

I also dream the same dream multiple times over many years. It gives me a real deja vu feeling when I wake up.

I typically dream in muted colors. Not really black and white, but not really colorful either. Sort of greyish tones of color. I know this because every so often in a dream there will be some object that I can see in bright color. It's usually just a single object. I have a recurring dream from the last 15 years or so that has me climbing down the hole in the trunk of a tree, all in muted colors, and seeing a bright red apple sitting right in the middle of the "room" inside the tree.

I have also dreamed, several times over many years, that I was riding one of those big swings from an amusement park; the kind that people all ride around in the swings around a large pole in the middle, except it just has 2 swings, and I am in one and Freddy Krueger is in the other and he begins to climb the line to come over and get me.

That one is almost exclusively in black, with some brown and yellow mixed in on the swing and on Freddy. I wake up in a sweat everytime.

If you wonder why I dream about Freddy, and Chucky, and Jason, etc, it's because my older brother (6 years older than me) used to torture me by locking me in his room and making me watch scary movies, and telling me scary stories while I cried under the covers, and his favorite was locking me in his room and playing "Thriller" on his tape player. The beginning, before the song, really freaked me out and I would scream and cry. He loved it.

It's amazing what stuff, seemingly insignificant to so many people, can have a traumatic effect on your life. I still can't listen to that song. Anytime I hear part of it, I break out in a sweat.

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. I feel like I've been to therapy now.:laugh:

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I also have some sort of premonition in my dreams occassionally.

My house flooded 3 times between 1998 and 2002. About a week prior to each incident, I had a dream where my house flooded. I do not normally dream that. Before Tropical Storm Allison hit Houston, twice, in 3 days, I dreamed we were going to flood. I told my mother about the dream the day it hit Houston the first time. It came through, we got some rain, and it went on up into central/east Texas without flooding us. We actually had company over the night it turned and came back, and were planning to go out of town the next day; even had the cars loaded down already. Everyone went on to bed about 10:30 that night after the news said our bayou was fine and we should not be worried. I was the only one to stay up and continue to watch the news, and even told my parents we should leave. Too bad no one listened to me. At 12:30 that night the bayou by our house went out of its banks, and at 2:30 we had water in the house. We waded out of the house about 20 minutes later with the t-shirts/shorts we were wearing, and our wallets and jewelry in a trash bag. The next time I dreamed that dream, about a year later, we left before the waters rose and were able to get our vehicles out before the house flooded.

I have several times dreamed that someone I personally knew had died just a few days before they actually did. Sometimes they had been sick in the hospital, sometimes not.

Thankfully, I have not had either one of those types of dreams in several years now.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

That will be $75. If you'll lie on the couch and tell me about your mother, that will be $150.

I promise...these are genuine rates...they're not Freudulent at all.

(get it? freudulent?)

:tonofbricks:

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I dreamed about having a car wreck once, in which I was driving down the highway, went under the overpass, and a green '73 Buick Riviera came out and nailed me. A couple of days later, I was driving along, had a sense of deja vu, pulled over under the overpass and my wife asked me why. I told her, and about that time, a green '73 Buick Riv came off the exit ramp at about 100 MPH across 2 lanes.

Kinda freaked us both out.