1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do We All have the same Kind Of Free Will as adam Had From God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

All sin is a choice and is not because anyone has to sin.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You posted:
    "No it was accurate as it was posted.

It is the same reason as anyone else. I choose to sin from time to time. My love for the Lord in those times is not what it should be, but it is still a free will choice. Do you believe this scripture.
    I cor 10:13
    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it]."

I posted a Scripture that identifies specifically that it is a mater of submission and not "free will choice."

#102 agedman, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
  3. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are wrong about the context. Paul is including ALL men not just a select few, not just the Jews and not just the Gentiles - but he most definitely states in the Romans writing that ALL are in the condition. There is no singling out of one person or one group but Paul includes all people - Jews and Gentiles - the whole of humanity.

Look here at what Paul said:

"What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that does good, no, not one.
    Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
    Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
    Their feet are swift to shed blood:
    Destruction and misery are in their ways:
    And the way of peace have they not known:
    There is no fear of God before their eyes. "​

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Why do you think the other three have "some spiritual ability"?

Just because the seed is sown and for a period of time a person's life is moderated, does not equate to "spiritual ability" any more than a child expresses personal self control for a period of time while sitting still under the watchful eyes of the parent.

There was only one ground that the seed flourished to fruitfulness.

The rest had NO spiritual ability.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have been very sharp lately AMYG.....Van has missed the point of the parable . He thinks that a wrong response to gospel truth, a false, temporary profession....equals ......some spiritual life????
    He will now give us another theological novelty to explain how this can be possible.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We choose to sin because it is pleasureable to the flesh. The soul has been made upright(righteous) by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. The flesh is still in its fallen state. Sin is what entices the flesh. We choose to sin when we obey the flesh. When we choose to do this, the Spirit within us, will pull the reins in, and we will get back on track by His unctioning. This is why we are CHRISTians can not practice sinning.........that last you was for you Bro. FAL. :thumbsup:

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

She's been so sharp that you need to take her to Denny's and get her a Grand Slam breakfast. Nah, forget it. Take her to McDonald's and get her a sausage biscuit, minus the sausage.....:laugh:

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You may have posted a scripture but I have no clue as to how you come up with your understanding of it.
    Adam chose to sin and we do also. No Christian has some hidden nature that causes them to sin. We simply give into the flesh out of desire and free will choice.

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

11. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend......ummmm.....That is the result of our sin nature. Only a true believer can truly have free will as God enables the believer to choose righteousness.

If one is unable to choose righteousness then one cannot truly have a free will. Adam made the choice to sin with no sin in him. We cannot say the same.

#111 Christos doulos, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Since the term sin nature is a man made term and not found in the bible there seems to be a great deal of conflict as to what it meant by sin nature. Based on your definition it would mean that Jesus would have had a sin nature because Jesus was flesh. If you want to hold on to the idea that we have a sin nature then you might want to change the definition. The truth is we do not have a sin nature. We have desires just like the Lord and we can act on them or not because of free will (choice). Choose this day who you will serve, (free will).
    Adam had a free will and we also have a free will. Adam did not have to sin and we do not have to sin.

#112 freeatlast, Jan 6, 2012
  13. Christos doulos

My friend. Jesus (the second Adam) did not have a sin nature because He was not born in sin. Jesus could not sin as it was not in Him. He was tempted just like us, but being tempted is not a sin.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree that Jesus had no sin anture. Neither do we .Sin nature is man's teaching not the bible. The scripture says he was tempted in all manner of things even as we yet without sin. He chose to not sin just like we can choose not to sin. Adam had free will and so do we.

#114 freeatlast, Jan 6, 2012
  15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism claims the lost have total spiritual inability, like the first soil in Matthew 13. The first soil was unable to understand the gospel. But the other three understood the gospel and responded affirmatively. One soil received the gospel with joy.

Now in response, they say I do not understand the parable, but do not indicate how someone without the ability to seek God and trust in Christ could receive the gospel with joy.

What the Bible teaches is limited spiritual ability of the fallen. They can understand and respond to the milk of the gospel, unless they have been hardened by the practice of sin,i.e. the first soil of Matthew 13, or by the intervention of God, as in Romans 11.

16. Christos doulos

My friend. Trinity isn't in the bible either and yet you don't dismiss it because it is a man made term.

My friend. Can an unbeliever choose righteousness without God intervening?

#116 Christos doulos, Jan 6, 2012
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism is defended with shuck and jive. Freeatlast says Calvinism teaches Adam's fall was ordained, i.e. predestined, but this charge is deflected rather than addressed by saying God's promise of a future redemptive work was not given until the serpent. Apples and Oranges, shuck and jive.

A.W. Pink said God arranged the Fall, and this Calvinistic view is biblical. But He did not predestine Adam's fall because that would make God the author of sin. Thus Calvinism's doctrine that God ordains whatsoever comes to pass is false doctrine, because God is not the author of sin. Calvinism says God does ordain everying but is not the author of sin, which is more shuck and jive.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Only that which is done for Christ is consider righteousness. To do that one has to be born again. The lost can do the deeds of righteousness but those deeds are not credited to them as righteousness because they were not done unto the Lord. No lost person has to commit the deeds and many do a better job in the flesh then those who claim to be saved. They have the free will not to do the deeds of unrighteousness or to do them. The proof is that not all the lost live lives of debauchery.
    The lost has free will to sin or not to sin. The saved have free will to sin or not to sin. No one has to sin. Adam chose to sin from free will and the saved choose to sin from free will.

19. Christos doulos

My friend. I was not talking about 'deeds' of righteousness. I am talking about seeking after the righteousness of God.

Can unbelievers choose righteousness without God intervening?

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Explain what you mean by God intervening.