1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do we care more about winning the Duck Dynasty cultural battle...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Mercy Banning to Keep them from STUMBLING Further?

What would it hurt for you to watch the video? Nothing? Other than it might show that others believe as you do, negating your pompous, arrogant approach to the brethren on this board.

And for your information, I don't prayer insincere prayers for anyone. And I certainly do nothing in my walk with Jesus to "Frame" my standing as a Christian in the eyes of God or anyone else!

It is becoming clearer with each rant you post, that you have a deep lying anger issue driving your hate for those on this board!

:tear: It is apparent that you won't cease and desist viewing the messages to help you gain control of your anger, so the MODERATORS of this Board need to consider doing a MERCY BAN to keep you from stumbling any further in your sinful hate, and despicable rage toward the brothers and sisters who love this board! :tear:

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause::applause::applause:

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You sound pretty pompous and bloviating yourself. Save your video for someone who cares. I know what God's word says so I don't need him to tell me.:flower:

:sleeping_2:

:sleeping_2:

You're a straight hoot. Get some sleep. All in to defend a bunch of Duck Dynasty folks saying what they want, but now trying to censor me. Does the hypocrisy know no end?

#23 Zaac, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause::applause::applause:

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the problem is that we as Christians make Jesus want to vomit so to speak when we water down the message of the Cross to that of being JUST love and toleranace, for the praqcticing Homosexual, pervert, adulterer, fornicator , liar , ALL of us before the lord saved us, need to hear the bad news of who we are apart from Him before the good news!

Do you disagree with that Phil had to say, for he pretty much direct quoted Apsotle paul!

#25 Yeshua1, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. As I've said in the past, the man pretty much just quoted Scripture.

But he was saying anything to point anyone to repentance as can be gleaned in the way that he said the other things he said.

He waxed on about homosexuality. Not fornication. Not adultery. Not greed.

And it once again becomes an ISSUE and us against them instead of us pointing folks to Christ.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he did NOT go on and on about homosexuality, he just quoted the Bible to show that it was a sin to be active and practicing that, SAME way God calls it sin to be active in fornicating, adultery, liar, thief etc!

Think that any time Homosexuality is shown to be sinful, you get thin skinned my friend!

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So would you please explain to us why a TV star that sets the example of being a slob is due any attention more than reading the Word of God itself? The Bible and God were here long before Duck Dynasty was. Why is it we insist on clowns making the Word of God valid. As Christians, we are quite capable of that ourselves. Mr Ed could have done the same thing. If you put importance of American TV to transmit the Good News, you got problems.

9. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Excuse me, but he does not set an example of being a slob. He dresses and grooms in a way that many in a whole subculture do. That mean spirited post is just as silly as those that have a fit every time a preacher wears anything but a three piece suit.

You may not care for the extremely rural backcountry look. That is cool. I detest the look of city slickers myself.

But your post was not at all what should come out of the keyboard of a Christian.

The record of this man Phil stands. He has long sought to lead others to Christ, has worked hard at racial equality, and did not go on and on about homosexuality.

Little more truth and lot less media lies needed.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So you're telling me that he spoke about fornicating and adultery and greed the way he did about man parts not going with man parts, etc?

He did more tha JUST quote the Bible. What does THIS have to do with quoting Scripture?
    Why would I get thin skinned about anything that God says is sinful? I think yall just make the type of comment you just made in order to justify the way the church goes off the deep end about its pet sins while ignoring other sins we believe to be less important.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man you have been spot on it.:thumbs: we've gone out of our minds elevating these folks to any sort of position to be lauded by the church.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I ask again, what does any of the above statement have to do with Scripture?

And how does demanding that someone be baptized before they can be saved lead anyone to Christ?

13. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To my understanding he was specifically asked about his opinion on homosexuality in the interview and that's where his statement came from.

#33 evenifigoalone, Dec 23, 2013
  14. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously? I didn't even know the folks on Duck Dynasty were Christians until I heard something about one of the guys preaching at some church. All I knew before that was that a lot of Christians I know liked it. But then I also know a lot of Christians into other popular A&E shows like "The Walking Dead".

The popularity of the show seemed to be more about entertainment than any "it's good solely because they're Christians" thing. I've never heard it mentioned in church OR as some sort of Christian talking point, not once.
    Although, yes, I'd be excited if the people in the shows I like are Christian, in the similar way I'd be excited if one of them was a libertarian. (In fact I'm into anime and my favorite English voice actor is a Christian.) That's only natural, IMO.

P.S. I've never seen one second of one episode of Duck Dynasty.

#34 evenifigoalone, Dec 23, 2013
  15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And here in is where the issues arise. Stop letting the world frame the discussion and setting it up to look like something it is not. You're speaking to a secular audience then preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in love.

16. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you seen the second part of the quote? Apparently the news didn't report that part of his statement, but suffice to say he ended said statement on a very positive note.

#36 evenifigoalone, Dec 23, 2013
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The news did report thesecond part of the statement. But once he had set "the church" up to be against those awful homosexuals and then got a bit crude in his description of why, there was no way tthe media was gonna hear the rest of it.

18. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, God forbid any Christians call homosexuality a sin.
    Look, if I were asked such a question (and I have been), I'd have worded it differently. And my standard response IS a lot different. But on the other hand, sometimes people say dumb things in interviews. I'd probably make myself sound like a total idiot if I were interviewed; I express myself a lot more clearly in writing. Plus in writing, I have every opportunity to edit my words if need be.

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

For a complete understanding of my post here---please refer up a couple of posts

What Phil said in the quote?? No different type language that can be found in a college level Human Anatomy class while studying human reproduction----you take a HA class on the college level---and the professor will be using the same type language in describing those parts-----what did you want Phil to use?? Gutter language?? Language heard in a 9th grade locker room??

blackbird:saint::saint:

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a strawman in other words a flat out lie that if we are paying attention to the issue with Phil Robertson then we are not working to win the lost. It is also a lie that if we do we cannot win the lost. It is not an either or scenario. Let's deal in reality and truth rather than strawman lies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.