1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do We "excuse" Those Like Billy graham/pat robertson as "Just" being Elderly?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Sep 16, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That would not be true Amy. I stand onn what I said. It is true and it is not gossip.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

freeatlast, I don't believe you would lie. You've been upfront and honest on the BB, although we don't agree theologically on everything I believe this, for you to lie would be out of character in my opinion.

- Peace

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If one goes back and reads some of the sermons of some of the earliest Baptist theologians and pastors they might find some serious disagreement with their theology.

I often wonder what the generations who follow us will think of our theology.

Even today with so much information available it is amazing how few really know what it meant to be a disciple called by Jesus during His time.

So few really understand the historical context of John 15:16 and its implications when Jesus spoke those words.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not everything can be proven. Scientifically prove that Jesus rose from the dead.

If one attempts to tell what happened during WWII and reads the English version, German version, and American version he will find different account of the same thing. So which one is true?

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

The chosen part of John 15:16? We have other Scriptures showing we are chosen, for all of His children are just that; chosen/elect. 1 Thessalonians 1:4 for instance, when speaking to the church. This shows us He chose all of us, from apostle to all within His church.

- Peace

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Take a look at the part where his disciples did not choose him but he chose them. Compare that to the historical context of Judaism and what a disciple of a rabbi was. There is a big difference. Jesus did not choose the educated, wealthy, and the scholars.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

like doctrine s of grace

I believe Allan and I both answered you. www.faithalone.org

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Huh? I never asked for "scientific" proof. If you make an accusation against someone, you'd better have proof of it. Otherwise it's just your opinion or worse gossip.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No that is incorrect. If you know first hand it is fact.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if I'd say he became a liberal; he always was a libertarian at his core who held that government should stay out of people's private lives.

...heheh, don't know about that.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unless you have first hand proof then all you have is someone else's opinion. It may be in writing but that does not mean it is true. People lie on a regular basis.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even then one could be deceived. Illusionists and manipulators do that all the time.