1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we have the Truth?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by RaptureReady, May 27, 2003.

1. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

"Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the
    people with his truth." Psalm 96:12-13

I get Bible verses in my email and this morning there was the one above. The thing that caught my eye was "he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth."

If He will judge us with the his truth, don't you think/believe that we should know what his truth is in order to be judged righteousily?

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

In every trial there is a prosecutor and a defense attorney and they have the same law books yet they come to opposite conclusions. The judge gets to decide the truth. God will judge truely. It is our responsibility to dicover what that truth is. We will be judged righteously whether we know the truth or not but our ignorance will be self inflicted.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    While we have the truth, He is the truth.

We have a very very limited amount of God's Word in our hands today. When Jesus comes, we will be able to handle and touch and see the Word made flesh.

4. superdave

superdave New Member

Ignorance is not an excuse, in any system of Law, luckily we are not under the law but under grace

It really should be an incentive to become more like Jesus Christ, who is Truth.

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

My point of this question was, we have over, well, we have alot of bibles today that supposely contain the truth. Many if not all contradict each other, which one is the perfect truth?

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doctrinal contradiction unless you include cultic "bibles" like Joseph Smith's "translation" or the "New World Translation" ("Jehovah's" witnesses).

We have the perfect truth contained in the King James translation, the modern translations and in the Living Word. They do not contradict each other.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The question shouldn't be how contradictory they are to each other, but whether or not they contradict the texts they were translated from. There will always be certain instances of inter-version instances that may appear to be contradictory, but aren't, when one looks at the source texts. That's simply an inhierent nature of translating from one language to another.

8. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

There is no doctrinal contradiction unless you include cultic "bibles" like Joseph Smith's "translation" or the "New World Translation" ("Jehovah's" witnesses).

We have the perfect truth contained in the King James translation, the modern translations and in the Living Word. They do not contradict each other.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Look in your MV at 1 Cor 1:18 and see if salvation is a process. KJV says which are saved, while others say being saved.

9. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

The question shouldn't be how contradictory they are to each other, but whether or not they contradict the texts they were translated from. There will always be certain instances of inter-version instances that may appear to be contradictory, but aren't, when one looks at the source texts. That's simply an inhierent nature of translating from one language to another. </font>[/QUOTE]I guess if we had the originals to refer back to we would not be having this discussion.

10. Graceforever

Graceforever New Member

Please don’t take what I have to say as mean spirited… I don’t know how to answer anything, but by the Word of God… If that offends then it isn’t me, but God that you need to take acceptation… I will say one thing, I simply don’t understand some of these questions…. If a young brother or sister asks them, then I can only tell you to get into the word of God and study to show your own selves approved…. Nevertheless, this is a place where we can all ask questions that puzzle us…….

1rst Kings 17:24 And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.

Psalms 33: 4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

John 17: 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Ephesians 1: 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Colossians 1: 5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; 6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

1 Thessalonians 2: 13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

II Timothy 2: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

James 1: 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

I John 5: 6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.