1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do We Still Have .....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by wpe3bql, Jun 16, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

......These Books Today?

In my daily Bible readings in the OT, I'm going through I Kings. It seems as if right after the text records the deeds of either the kings of Judah or Israel, it makes reference to the "Chronicles of the Kings of ......"

Is this a reference to I and/or II Chronicles, or is/are there some other books or references to which the reader is directed?

(NOTE: In the past I've also read of references to, say, The Book of Jasher and The Letter to the Church at Laeodica, both of which I cannot locate in my Bible.)

Please help me figure out what seems at first glance to be some "missing books."

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Chronicles is both of what we call 1st and 2nd Chronicles

Paul's letter to the Leodacean church is gone.

3. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "missing" books that you reference were well known during that day, but have disappeared at some point in History.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An alternate theory on Colossians 4:16 is that the letter coming from Leodacea is a reference to the letter we call Ephesians.