1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you also know the Benny Hinn story where Hinn is attacked by satanists?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Nov 8, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have heard this story a few times. It goes like this:
    A few satanists go to a Hinn meeting and try to curse him but Hinn is protected by a light or whatever and they cannot harm him and freak out.
    If this was indeed true then it would prove that Hinn isn't a false teacher. But who guarantees that this really happened.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:rolleyes:

Ed

3. Pete

Pete New Member

Benny is a false teacher and false prophet, according to God's Word someone in that position has a LOT more to worry about than a few satanists...

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus said a kingdom divided will not conquer. Both work for the same king.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

The bible itself proves Hinn is a false teacher.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The broadness of the brushes in many of the statements in this thread is truly breathtaking.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Was this meant for another thread, tragic? I don't see anybody painting with a broad brush here. What am I missing?

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Oh, things like...

and

Webdog has "inside information" that Hinn is secretly aligned with Statan, and Donna insists that the entirety of all Scripture put together in one breath condemns Hinn.

One could as easily say things like "all Christians like vegetable soup," or "all Minnesotans smell of cheese."

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

So you don't believe scripture teaches Hinn is a false teacher? Then you must believe what he teaches then.

10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Again, you have leaped from one supposition to another without plausibility in the connection.

If this were a true story, it most certainly does NOT prove that BH isn't a false teacher.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that a group of satanists did go to a Benny Hinn meeting and try to curse him.

Let's say that they thought they saw a "light" or whatever around him and they freaked out because they believed that their curses wouldn't work.

Let's just say that all of that is true.

(I personally believe it is one of the most pathetically stupid things I have ever heard and my heart bleeds for those who believe it, including you, xdisciplex. You just have no clue how many times I have prayed for you to stop believing all of this nonsense and believe the truth of God's Word.)

But....let's just say it really happened.

Who to say that the "light" that these people allegedly saw wasn't a flickering of a defective light bulb or a power surge?

And we all know that people cannot curse other people, so of course their curses had no effect on Benny Hinn. These people have probably watched too much Bewitched!

Who is to say that their own ridiculous superstitions caused them to believe that a lighting effect or lighting problem was causing them to be unable to cast spells?

Even if this alleged story is true and these people did try to curse him with no such luck because they saw some kind of light.......this in no way, shape, or form proves or disproves anything about Benny Hinn.

For the record, I do not believe the story has an ounce of credibility. The only people that I know of that have documented proof of attending Hinn services in order to discredit him are reporters and secular newspapers.

Also, for the record, what proves that Benny Hinn is false teacher is the bible, itself. He sprinkles just sugary sweetness of the truth on the cat-litter box of lies that he tells to cause thousands of people to gobble up everything he says.....and they are disgesting lies, in my opinion, that are akin to what you find in cat-litter box.

Don't rely, xdisciplex, on urban legends that you hear about Benny Hinn or any other person who proclaims that they speak for God.

Compare what they have to say with what God, Himself, says.

It's just that simple.

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Specifics. Like when Hinn prophesied that all of the homosexuals would be wiped out in 1995 (they're still here). Or when he told the audience that he would like to take a holy ghost machine gun and blow off the heads of the people that oppose him. Or when he let his wife preach a sermon where she spazzed out on stage and told everyone they need a "holy ghost enema". Or how he sounds like a demon when he gets "in the spirit". Or the number of his staff that have been convicted of being heroine users. Or the number of injuries and deaths caused by him "slaying audiences with the spirit". Or how he has made merchandise out of people by accepting millions upon millions of dollars. Or the many people he has healed but not really. You know, something that demonstrates what a bad, bad man/false teacher/false prophet he is.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about the fact that he claims there are nine parts of the Trinity.....

Or that human beings are "little gods" on earth.....

Or that Adam was so perfect that he could fly......

All of this garbage is refuted by the bible.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

But, when painting with a broad brush, aren't you painting a lot of people one way when you shouldn't? I still don't see it, but maybe it's a semantics argument.

Well, everybody knows that this isn't true.

It's the Wisconsinites who all smell like cheese. :wavey: :smilewinkgrin:

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Did I say that? Anywhere? If so, please indicate. Otherwise, please engage your brain before you begin to type.

I do not believe many of the things that Hinn apparently believes. My comment had to do less with what I supposedly believe and more with this lazy, drive-by posting that sems to be your hallmark.

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

That is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to.

The "holy ghost enema" woman was Hinn's wife? I didn't know that. Makes it even funnier... :laugh:

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hi Scarlett,

where do we know this?

If you think people cannot curse other people then maybe you should take a trip to Africa. I have heard many stories from christians which were in Africa. The whole voodoo stuff is all about cursing others and putting spells on them and it does work. Why shouldn't it work? I have no idea where you get this that one person cannot curse another person. :confused:

17. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been to biblegateway.com and have been searching the bible over for the word, curse. In the King James it appears 169 times, second only to the New Living Translation where it appears 188 times.

I could tell you my opinion, but let's look and see what the bible says about people cursing each other through voodoo or other satanic means.

I. I found over 60 citations of the word curse in the bible that refer to the following:
    • God's judgement on people or nature.
    • People bringing the wrath of God on themselves via sin.
    • People being separated from God.
    In these verses, God is in control and is bringing His judgement to pass.

II. I found approximately three verses using curse as meaning foul language or unnecessary oaths/swearing.

III. I found over 55 verses pertaining to the following in terms of the word curse.
    • People disrespecting each other.
    • hating each other
    • heaping scorn upon others
    • causing grief for others
    • people being disobedient to God

IV. I saw a about 3-5 verses using the word curse as a means of blaspheming God.

V. Lastly, I saw a couple of verses using the word curse as a means of being ill due to contaminated water.

But, oddly enough, I didn't see any verse about the devil cursing anyone or ordinary people having the spiritual power to cause harm and destruction to another human being in supernatural ways simply by reciting a few words in the name of evil.

There were people in the bible who wanted to do that, but could not.

I know that there are people who believe that one can recite an incantation and bring bodily or spiritual harm to another. I do not believe it.

People just do not have that kind of supernatural power. We cannot, with the power of suggestion or from a base and evil heart, control nature nor other people in a supernatural or omnipotent manner.

I just don't see it in the bible.

18. Pete

Pete New Member

....But Scarlett, what if they "name it and claim it"? :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

19. Soulman

Soulman New Member

If Benny was attacked by Satanists it was just part of the show Satan uses to deceive people. He is flashy, just like his healings.:1_grouphug: :1_grouphug: :1_grouphug:

20. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Then I guess satanists have no power at all and they are sacrificing humans just for fun....

This doesn't convince me. I have heard stories from christians which were in Africa and they know that Satan also has powers. Call it a curse, a spell or whatever. These things do exist.