1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe Messiah Will Return In Your LifeTime?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Apr 6, 2008.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I do not know if He will come in my life time, BUT I do think it will be in Tinytims life. (note I dropped the time off of lifetime!)

:laugh:

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Frankly speaking, when someone tells me Christ will come in their lifetime because of certain events in the news, I just smile.

Recently I listened to a lecture by John MacArthur who says Israel is in the land, the valley is ready for the battle of Armageddon and so on.

Come on!

3. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

How true. When people ask 'when has the world been more ready for the circumstances of the end times than it is now?' I usually say 'We're no more ready now than we were 1,950 years ago...'

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Depending on how old your friend is, TCG, I was just reading that the averagae lifespan will most likely be 100 by 2030, maybe even higher depending on medical breakthroughs. In 2030 I'll be (Lord willing) 58...so I definately can see Him coming some time during my lifetime. Look how bad America and society has gotten since 1950, I mean even June and Ward Cleaver couldn't sleep in the same bed! :eek: :laugh:

How much worse will America and humanity be by 2070 (which I may see in My lifetime)!?!

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with Johnny Mac on this one. Everything is being prepared as we speak, I believe. I even read somewhere where the vatican was trying to bring peace to the middle east by negotiating to take control of the Temple mount in order to do so.

Interesting web site...
    http://www.templemountfaithful.org/

#25 webdog, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008
  6. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being one who believes in the rapture of the church, I do believe that Jesus will come for us in my lifetime. No real reason - just a strong feeling I have. Could I be wrong - it's possible. I think I was wrong once before, but I'm not sure. Folks said I was, but I don't really agree.

Well, anyways... if I'm wrong, and I die first, I'll still see Jesus face to face. It WILL be OK.

#26 SBCPreacher, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008
  7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Are we basing our view of End Times on the State of America?

Where's this in Scripture? I reject this view.

By your calculation, we'll be both around if good health permits in 2030, and I hope we'll still be on BB, so I can tell you got it wrong. :laugh:

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

In 2030, Hmmmm ..................... I'll be 73. Hey webdog, Pick up my cane when you hear that last trumpet would ya? :laugh:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Selective reading, friend :). Notice "...and society" & "...and humanity". I'm referring to all societies, mankind's morality. At any rate, as America goes, so goes the world. All financial roads and avenues still run through America, and we both know that to the world, money talks.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What cane? You will have two poly / titanium knees and hips with built in antifreeze by then! :D

11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I believe this lecture was done in the 70s or earlier 80s. I really don't take these predictions serious.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's fine...just make sure you have enough oil in your lamp ;)

13. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Also TCGreek gave us an article with info that John Hagee is giving $6 mil to the Friends of Israel for that same purpose. As Artie Johnson would have said, "Very Interesting".

14. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

According to Scripture, Isn't God is the one who is going to regather Israel in the Land?

So I find the efforts of Mr. Hagee and others to be futile.

15. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, in worship yesterday, I added some more oil, and I'm still adding.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who's to say He is not using their "futile" efforts? He works ALL things together...

17. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The reason for so many failed predictions.

18. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I see you point, but Mr. Hagee is self-appointed and thinks God has appointed him.

Maybe I'm too critical of what he's doing. I'm subject to correction on this one.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...or failed understanding of Scripture. Has Christ sat upon David's throne yet? Some will say yes. I would like to know when.

20. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

At the filling station too? I got a tank of premium yesterday myself. I'll make a pit stop on Wednesday night. Somebody just might ask me for some soon. :thumbs: