1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you consider television...

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Feb 7, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you consider TV your hobby?

2. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

3. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

No, I'm begiining to think TV is my addiction.

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

Working for the cable co., the TV is a living. More subscribers, more revenue. So, whether it's a hobby or an addiction, let's keep paying those cable bills in a timely manner. [​IMG]

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No - hardly ever watch live TV. Mostly Andy Griffith reruns on tape.

6. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I consider it a waste of time unless it's something educating me. Sure it's fun but I rarely turn it on. I prefer the radio or computer.

Sorry Gib- I can't bring myself to order cable. It's just too much money for nothing.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry Gib, I don't have cable either ;) .

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

We have Directv, but mainly for my wife and daughters who are home all day. I rarely watch anything other than sports, news, or the occasional old sitcom on TV land or Nick at nite. So I guess no, tv is not my hobby. Now the answer may be different for my wife [​IMG]

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I only watch the t.v. after 9:00 p.m. until I fall asleep.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My cable has 62 channels in my "basic deluxe" package. I watch some HGTV, a movie once in a while on AMC or another that I don't remember now. Mostly watch TLC, Discovery & History, & some Turner South.

I got the super deluxe for a while, but found that after about 6 months the programming on the only channel I cared anything for (The Aviation Channel) was repeated so I finally dumped it.

I would probably dump what I've got now, 'cept my wife is a Braves fanatic, & she can watch most of the televised games with what we have now!

90% of my time "watching" is nothing more than flipping!

11. Gib

Gib Active Member

Hey folks, call me. I'll give you a low 6 month special with free installation. At the end of 6 months you will have forgotten about the specail and want to know why your rate has doubled. You'll threaten to go to the dish, but I'll send you to the rentention group and they will offer you something else. You'll feel satisfied that your concerns have been heard and stay with cable the rest of your lives.

12. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I got a call from a dish salesman a few months ago. I told him I didn't watch TV. I think he thought I was pulling his leg at first, but I got to witness to him about Christ and the bible for about ten minutes. I didn't order the dish though.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Cable costs me $7 per month.

14. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

My limited cable costs me 8. Worth it.

15. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

My mother buys us satellite every year for our birthdays. Dont really watch it a whole lot, but am learning how to cook really good from Emeril!!

16. MasterWalk

MasterWalk New Member

I rather read or crochet than stay glued to the idiot box. There are a couple of shows that I do watch. Everybody Loves Raymond, Joan of Arcadia. Ok, I like to watch wrestling too!

[​IMG]

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Very funny, Gib. [​IMG]

Let's see, I have a show for every night except Wednesday, but I make up for that by having 3 shows to watch on Thursday. I love Speed Channel and especially Food Network. Anybody else love Iron Chef? I used to watch SpikeTV when they showed something besides CSI, namely Star Trek TNG.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

I usually don't watch till evening after supper. We like to watch the Fodonetwork, HGTV, and my husband like Law and Order(all of them) and we warch CSI(two of them), we also watch LOST on wednesday nights, he likes those cops shows, other then an occasional movie I think thats about it. It adds up though.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

I can't believe some of you pay so little for cable, how many channels do you have? I'm not sure how many we have, maybe 50 or so, and pay $34. month.

20. Gib

Gib Active Member

Our flat basic is 27.50 for 54 channels. 42.00 for the expanded basic. We don't offer a life-line pkg.