1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you get tired of Homeschool Critics?

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by Thinkingstuff, Oct 14, 2010.

1. aadebayo

aadebayo New Member
    Site Supporter

Hello Fellow Homeschoolers, I am a new member and we home school all our sons who are of school age. I am from the United Kingdom.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Welcome to the Baptist Board! I homeschooled my older girls through 8th grade (they went to the public high school) and now am homeschooling my 10 and almost 8 year olds. :)

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello and welcome! I'm homeschooling my girls, who are in the 8th and 4th grades.

What is homeschooling like in the UK? Are the laws really strict?

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Let me add my welcome. I homeschool my 10th grade son and my 7th grade daughter.

5. aadebayo

aadebayo New Member
    Site Supporter

Home-schooling in the UK is not too bad. The laws are very good and in fact allow people to home-school. The previous government was in the process of bringing more controls, however, a combination of the credit crunch and a shortage of school places in the government schools stopped that. My wife is mainly responsible for teaching our children. We use the ACE curriculum, which helps a lot. How is home schooling in the States?

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It depends which state you live in.
    Where in the UK are you. I lived for 6 years in Huntindon just south of Peterborough. I plan on visiting again when my kids are older. I really liked England.

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It all depends on where you live. I believe it is more difficult in liberal states like California and Illinois, but in my area it's good. We have several associations to choose from and the laws are no problem for people who truly teach their children.

8. aadebayo

aadebayo New Member
    Site Supporter

I live in Luton, Bedfordshire, not too far from Huntingdon. I love England too.

9. aadebayo

aadebayo New Member
    Site Supporter

Here in the U.K, I believe that those who truly teach their children have nothing to worry about too. Though I believe that it is by God's grace that we in the West do not suffer any major form of restriction by our Governments.