1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do YOU have a miracle healing to share?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dianetavegia, May 8, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was talking to a guy in Nashville (whose name is Brad) and he mentioned that he heard about this in a SS class a few days ago.

Bob

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Statistically prayer to our "Christian" god has no advantage over other prayers.

3. Copper

Copper Guest

Romans 14:8
    "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's."

Whenever you have your thyroid removed there is a 50% chance you will not speak again because the vocal chord is embedded in the thyroid and it can get damaged or cut during surgery. With the second surgery, there is a 75% chance of being mute. I had had two complete thyroidectomies - and felt a lump in my neck again. It started to block my air and choke me. After the various tests - ultrasounds and radioactive uptakes it was determined that my thyroid had grown back again and I would have to go in for a third operation. It was 2-1/2 times the size of a normal thyroid.

Unfortunately, with the third surgery - there was a 100% chance I would be mute.

And to make it more interesting, the doctor said it was cancer.

Now, I knock doors twice a week. I'm one of those annoying people that never shuts up about the Lord. [​IMG] And somewhere in my heart of hearts, I felt this overwhelming peace that everything was going to be alright.

Of course, my perspective on what the word "alright" means might be different than someone else's. My feelings were that if this was cancer and if I was going to be unable to speak until I died, that SOMEHOW the Lord would use my death to bring someone else to the throne. That in some small way that my death might be used to help the Kingdom. And ... if He wanted me to live, that He give me my voice so that I could continue to work and serve Him by witnessing and knocking doors.

Well, after surgery, I sounded like a little kitten. My voice was so soft it was almost inaudible. I still went out knocking doors though. I took the teens out and was at a door, when the man at the door said, "Lady! I can't hear you!" My heart shattered like a piece of glass. I let one of the teens finish that door and that night I cried myself to sleep. I would be the "silent partner" if that is what He wanted but, the thought devastated me. To never again be able to tell others about my Jesus? God forbid!

Two days later, I got a cold. And with it, I lost what was left of my voice. I was coughing like mad for about a week and ... when the cold went away, my voice returned.

ALL of it!

I was able to speak again. Praise the Lord.

And as for the cancer ... when they operated, with the oncologist standing by in the operating room, they discovered that it was NOT cancer. The tests indicated it was but, when they got in there, they said it wasn't. Who'd a thunk it! ;)

So, this is why I so love Romans 14:8 - because it sums up how I feel. No matter what, whether He lets me live or takes me home, I just want my life to be used to edify Him and serve Him.

"For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's."

Blessings,
    Copper