1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Hold To a World wide or a Local Flood IN Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Jul 23, 2011.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

BB,

Could you explain what you mean by this?

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Follow along in 2 Peter 3 beginning in verse 6

v. 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water(a la Noah's Flood) perished.

v.7 But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men

then skip on down to verse 10

v.10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervant heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Lots of folks will look at this intense heat and reason---"Hmmmm---the Sun must be gonna supernova or somethin'"

What we need to understand is---the Sun(that big ball of fire 93,000,000 million miles away for here) is part of the Heavens and is actually a collection of Elements----will also face the scrutiny of God's fiery judgment and will melt like a stick of Butter under the piercing eyes of Almighty God

But I'm sure that this judgment----like the judgment of H20 sent from God in Noah's day is gonna be a local one----nothin' to worry about--go on about your business---its for "them" and not "us"---those folks over in the Middle East given over to the godless empire of allah--and not us --- given over to the godless idol of homosexuality and every sort of godless phobeo's you can count!!!

3. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Since people tend to believe their own research first, let me put you in the right direction. The phrase in English translated as "whole earth" in Hebrew is "kol erets" which is translated as such about 500 times. But its translated as "whole land" about 1500 times. Look it up.

Also look up the Black Sea flood.

Look up the literary vs literal use of the word "world" in language and literature. My world is my family, Church and friends, but its not the globe.

For 2 Peter 3:7 , the sun will eventually consume the Earth as it expands and swallows it. Then when the fusion process gets into the heavier elements things get interesting. Once the process comes to making iron, thats it, the sun is toast in about 5 minutes. Look that up also.

So if the Lord decides to end it today or lets the timer run out, Scripture remains true, fire will consume it.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You missed my point, Tater

The Sun can (no doubt) consume the Earth---but the Sun we see in the sky is a collection of a hodgepodge of elements(I skipped Astrology class the day the professor elaborated on that point---so I can't go into mighty detail on which elements are which in the composition of the Sun)

Peter tells us what the future holds for the elements---they, too will melt under the close scrutiny of God's fiery inferno

So I hope you don't miss my point----the fiery ball made of various elements such as Helium and scrambled sources of enriched nuclear matter and other fun gasses----will fall under judgment and melt---not from its own heat/fire(as in a supernova process) but from heat & fire that comes from God and those fiery eyes that John the Revelator tells us about over in Revelation chapter 1

Follow me???!! See what I'm saying???

Yes----no doubt the Sun can consume the Earth----but one day God's going to consume/judge both the Sun and Earth!! But the Sun is part of creation and all of creation without exception will be dealt with by invisible God!! How about that??????????!!!!

#24 blackbird, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  5. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

I didnt miss the point. Let me fill in the part you missed when you werent in class. Iron is the anti-fusion element . Once the fusion process gets to that point at which the first iron is made a chain reaction will begin causing the sun to collapse on itself.

None of creation is forever, everything under Heaven will fade away.

6. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Jim, you are lots of fun! I agree with you!

Edit: I thought you were tongue in cheek... re: "As far as the global world is concerned, it was local." My current belief is that it was a world wide... too bad this thread didn't have a poll as well.

#26 humblethinker, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unless Jim was old enough to remember the flood missing his house, I would have to disagree with him. But, I can find no scripture that says you have to believe in the whole earth flood fact over the local flood theory to have salvation. So Jim, the way I see it your still good to go. :type: