1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Know the Preamble to Your State Constitution ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jun 22, 2008.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got this in my yahoo mailbox. thought i'd share it with you folks, although I think something like this has been posted before. if this isn't the right forum, then the moderators can do as they please.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I do find it interesting that this site gives 49 states here (not 50), and doesn't mention Alabama, where Chief Justice Roy Moore was effectively booted from that office (thus one unelected man rule overruling the will of the people of the state of Alabama) by a Federal judge, who did not like his views and the placing of the monument, who, when after imposing large fines on the state of Alabama, the other members of the Al Supreme Court decided to remove Chief Justice Roy Moore from the office, rather than have their state face this very large economic hardship. The preamble to AL reads thusly:
    I also would like to know if each of these Constitutions referred to here, are the current Constitutions for all these 49 states, as some states have had multiple Constitutions over the years, with Alabama having had six different ones, and my state, KY, has had four different Constitutions, over the years, for two examples. I do not know about the other 48 states in this, but did see one site that said that 45 states today acknowledge God in their Constitutions. Have the other five states now superceeded this wording and references?? This should be researched in some depth, rather than merely repeating some mantra, IMO.

Incidentally, I believe that former CJ Roy Moore was on solid legal Constitutional ground, though his tact and tactics may have left something to be desired, IMO.

Ed

3. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Texas's newest constitution of 1875 - Humbly invoking the blessing of Almighty God, the people of the State of Texas do ordain and establish this Constitution.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA
    (as revised in 1968 and amended to 1975)

PREAMBLE

We, the people of the State of Florida, being grateful to
    Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, in order to
    secure its benefits, perfect our government, insure
    domestic tranquility, maintain public order, and guarantee
    equal civil and political rights to all, do ordain and
    establish this constitution.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right, Ed. I missed the Alabama preamble when I highlighted for copying. FWIW, here it is

I don't know if these are all current because this was mass-mailed from a list I subscribed to.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You meant to say 56 right? :laugh:

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:rolleyes:

When you can't get a "good laugh", you go for a 'cheapie', I see.

Ed

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So much for separation of church and state.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks....

This won't go over well with the Govinator...nor will it go over well with the gay married folks. Thanks for the info...it was eye opening.

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Civil government is divinely appointed for the interest and good of human society. Thus, magistrates are to be prayed for and conscientiously obeyed, except in things opposed to the Will of God.

The Church and State are to be separate. That is, neither should exercise control over the other. (Romans 13:1-7; Matthew 22:21; Acts 5:29; Matthew 23:10; Revelation 19:16)

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose it depends on how you define control. This country was founded on biblical principles. And as much as libs deny that these state constitutions show otherwise. And there s no passage you ave posted here that tells us we should have a purely secular government.