1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you know which country persecutes Christians the most?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ben W, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Answer = North Korea.

- The Communist regime in North Korea was installed in 1948 and is known as one of the most repressive governments in the world today.  As an extension of their deep desire to exemplify their version of Stalinist ideology, the North Korean government has harshly repressed all religions in their country.  The Christians in North Korea have been forced to practice their faith in secret in order to avoid harsh retirbutions that could put them into forced labor camps, a virtual death sentence for many.  North Korea currently occupies the top spot on Open Doors' World Watch List as the country with the worst level of persecution.  

http://www.opendoorsusa.org/Display.asp?Page=Home

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture: They that live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Rejoice and be happy--the true followers have been persecuted in every generation.

The prayer: Lord, keep them through the flames, preserved by your grace.

Selah,

Bro. James

3. Brother James

Brother James New Member

China sentenced three the other day to 5 years for distributing Bibles.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It was actually sentencing three for printing bibles illegally, something that can be done legally in China and has been done legally for 17 years. Distribution also is legal, not in regular bookstores, but through government registered churches.

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Does anybody here read Voice of the Martyrs?It is a good publication that will keep you abreast of religeous persecution worldwide.

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

but which churches are allowed to be registered, Gold Dragon?

7. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Indonesia isreally bad too.

8. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are no denominational/theological requirements. But there are many rules and regulations they must follow. Government intervention in specific churches is fairly dependent on the relationship a church has with their regional overseer.

Church Cooperation: A House Church Perspective
    OMF : Three Self-Patriot Movement Churches

9. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not trying to paint the Chinese government as an innocent because there is still a lot of religious and specifically Christian persecution going on in China that I pray will change. The house church or "underground" church is also doing some great things for the Lord that registered churches cannot. But the registered church is also doing great things for the Lord that the "underground" church cannot, because they are working with the government.

We in North America often get a skewed view that isn't quite the reality in China.

10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Open Doors Watch List from Ben W's link has this list in their Jan 2005 report [Word doc].

1. North Korea
    2. Saudi Arabia
    3. Vietnam
    4. Laos
    5. Iran
    6. Maldives
    7. Somalia
    8. Bhutan
    9. China
    10. Afghanistan
    11. Yemen
    12. Turkmenistan
    50. Bahrain

All of the top 12 countries fall under their "Oppression" category with North Korea all alone under the "Severe Persecution" category.

11. Marco

Marco Guest

I have been to Saudi Arabia a few times in my life. Half of my family are Muslims. I tell you, some countries do not want Christians around. Don't visit. Sometimes you cannot force your beliefs on others. How will those receive Christ? They won't and I can tell you 99.9% of those people don't want to know him as a Deity either. If you feel you have a duty to bring Christianity to such a country than plan on being a martyr.

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I think you got that right Marco.

13. jarhed

jarhed New Member

All of the top 12 countries fall under their "Oppression" category with North Korea all alone under the "Severe Persecution" category

.[/QUOTE] [/QB][/QUOTE]

I find the ratings interesting since in Somalia anyone who claims Christianity is killed forthwith, not just by the govt. soldiers but also by vigilante muslim "justice." Somolia is and has been under religious "clensing" for years. A western person would have to have a death wish to spend time there, and, no matter where you are from, if you mention the Christ of the bible, you are dead meat. Justice is dispensed summarily and by mob rule. How could it get more dangerous than that. I would put Somolia right up there with NK, except "you ainta goin to no concentration camp!"

14. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true followers of Christ have not been well received anywhere in the world--even by those called Christian. Real Christians have not had a place to lay their heads--like Jesus said. They are strangers and sojourners in this world.

Jesus said to preach the gospel to every creature in the uttermost parts of the earth. That does not leave much room for excuses.

Let the Lord open the doors.

Selah,

Bro. James

15. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Now havning ready what Marco and Bro James mentions I have a question, it's not on topic, so I am sorry for the stray question.

Our pastor just the other night was reading and quoted this verus:

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

He explained that this meant that when people are not wanting to listen, then we are to turn and walk away from that situation, and leave it until possibly another time.

What do you think for this?

Jamie

16. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Word is preached, some are called out, some are not. There are no excuses. No swords or other forms of force are allowed. No one is forced to believe nor recant. Go to the next town.

That is what preaching the gospel is about. Where all these temples made with hands came from--I have only one clue: God did not build them. God does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Selah,

Bro. James

17. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Yes. I have been getting that publication for years now, and they are on top of my support list. Gal. 6:10; Heb. 13:3

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marco, a muslim couple have invited us to dinner next week they are from Gambia.

Would it be a breech of good manners to "talk religion"?

HankD

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone else?

My plan is not to plan but let the Spirit lead.

HankD

20. cojosh

cojosh New Member

HankD,

They may consider it bad manners, that's why it is so important that you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. As long as you are obedient Christ will be glorified. Pray, and I'll say a prayer for you also.