1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you listen to Sermons?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Sheebah7

Sheebah7 New Member

Absolutely sets the tone. I have also learned from these inspirational sermons that we can choose to be happy. No matter what we feel or went through the previous day..we can choose to be happy. I always followed where my feelings led me..which was to be discouraged and unsure. However we can choose to have a smile even if our bodies and mind kick against it. We can choose to say positive things even when our mindset is the opposite. It is our choice and I stand on that every time those negative feelings rise up. Sometimes a simple smile (sometimes you may have to force it) can set the tone for the rest of the day.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am grateful that you are blessed by what is shared. I don't listen to Joyce, but some family members do, and are more often strengthened.

The circumstances in living will more often work against the believer. This is as it should be. For our Lord uses both the positive and negative "things" to give us the encouragement to bear fruit, and then to purge away that which we cling that doesn't bear fruit worthy of His name.

There is certain Joy that comes with each purging because newness emerges.

Remember happiness is often dependent upon what happens, but joy from the Lord is born in the heart.

Welcome to the BB.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why not listen to a part,pause it and think on it for awhile,then resume at a later point in time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Icon.

When time is short, or my attention limited, I will often go to Dr. Bob Jones Sr's short radio broadcasts. They are not extensive preaching messages, generally present a single topic or thought, and last only a short bit of time for my tiny attention span.

Here is one that is an easy listen and I often find myself muttering along, too:
    What It Takes to Stop You

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Be careful about who you download. Many prosperity gospel teachers, charismatic types and bible twisters are out there. Some I would consider to be motivational speakers and not preachers.

Not once have I ever heard Joel Osteen tell everyone that they were hell - doomed sinners who needed to repent and to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is sad that we live in a time where people think that Osteen, Copeland, Duplantis, Furtick, Bakker (both father and son), White, Hinn, Jakes etc should be listened to.

Folks, these people are wolves. They twist Scripture. They scratch itching ears. They do NOT share the Biblical Gospel.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a nice CD player in my car so I use my iPod NANO or MP3 discs for sermons.

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I listen to MacArthur and Gty. RC sproul, David Jeremiah, Charles Stanley, and Erwin Lutzer

9. grits4jesusfl

grits4jesusfl New Member

I listen to Robert Carlson (Canada), Joel Logan, Joe Camilleri, James Knox, Rick Baker, various preachers at Bob Jones University and occasionally David Jeremiah while I am working.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

10. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I have listened to many online sermons, unfortunately I have notice a few names in this thread which I wouldn't give the time of day to. We all have our own preferences to those we listen to, hopefully those decisions are made on scriptural grounds, and not their ability to feed the flock a bunch of cow pies

11. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lately I have been listening to Rick Flanders, His revivalistic preaching is a breath of fresh air!

My other favorite preachers are Jim Van Gelderen, Wayne Van Gelderen, Phil Prettyman, Oliver B. Greene, Lester Roloff, and H.A. Ironside.

• Like Like x 1