1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you Love YHVH?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you claim circumcision is about oral law, you're being totally dishonest:

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying:
    ‘When a woman gives birth and bears a male child, then she shall be unclean for seven days, as in the days of her menstruation she shall be unclean. On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed
    . [Leviticus 12:1-4].

Incidentally, if there are women in your life, do they hold to this unclean and purification?

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "This time around?" lol

Hebrews speaks of many things, and it specifically warns Hebrews not to remain under the Law, as Paul often does in his writings:

I have given you several passages that state just that, so, until you're ready to address those passages, there is not much I can do to help.

Okay.

I would agree some go to the extreme and overlook both our ability and responsibility to be in obedience to God, however, we have to consider that Christians are going through a growth process, and not all are going to be obedient perfectly.

This is why John uses terms like little children, young men, and fathers. This is why Paul uses the term "babes."

I would suggest to you that is it highly unlikely that babes in Christ are even aware of much they are to be in obedience to, much less have the ability to carry it out.

Well, you see, you just bore false witness against me, because I do not have a view that the Law is both good and bad, so where does that leave you Jason? You just broke the Law of God.

So what Religion are you, exactly. You seem here to deny that you belong to the Church.

Obedience to the principles taught in the Law are indeed always good, but, if you follow the Law, and offer up sacrifice for sin, then you will have violated New Covenant principles. And I clarify I mean offering up sacrifice for the purpose it was from Abel to the last legitimate sacrifice before the Cross.

Its a catch 22, my friend, you cannot do both.

The issue is understanding that the provision of the Old Testament was a temporal and temporary provision, such as animal sacrifice for temporary remission as opposed to the Sacrifice of Christ for Eternal Redemption and Remission, and manna in the Wilderness as opposed to the Bread of Life (Christ). We see significance in the Covenants established in the differing Eras, and if we do not distinguish the differences (i.e., the Abrahamic Covenant was not the Mosaic, the Mosaic is not the New) we will have a Theology that does not represent the revelation God has given us in this Age.

God bless.

3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Salvation is always the same. Faith in YHVH and obedience to His commandments through covenant.

The new covenant helps us obey (the part Israel had a hard time with). Redemption (buying back) and cleansing (through yeshua's blood) is part of those better promises. Now we obey from the heart with a clean slate. Salvation is still by Faith in YHVH and obedience to His commandments.

It is a very simple formula and does require something of the individual. Submit to the King and be His subjects.

4. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Alcott, we were talking about NT passages in Paul, not the written law. Paul uses "circumcision" when referring to the jews and "uncircumcision" when referring to gentiles.

You know this

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, "easy" seldom accomplishes anything worthwhile. It is not easy to understand the many things that have to be considered, and it is going to take work on your part.

Okay, so show me why.

And you feel I do not do that? You are noticing that I am providing Scripture to support my proposals, right?

So does this mean you feel you need to reprove me? I am okay with that, but, could you address the Scripture as well?

I agree.

God bless.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And with this I return you to your regularly scheduled thread, lol.

I have given you numerous passages which show beyond doubt that "salvation" is not always the same.

The disciples, for example, were "saved" in an eternal sense (meaning, with the exception of Judas, their eternal destiny was secure). but, they still had to offer up sacrifice for sin until Christ died. So in that day, yes, the feasts were still mandatory, according to the Law. But, you will see no directive, command, or exhortation to Christians to partake or observe Passover.

So I wish you well, Jason, as you continue to work this out. If you decide you would like to address the Scripture and points made thus far, let me know.

But as for me, I'm running late, and have to get going.

God bless.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lol, christians are not what Jesus came to make. He came only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He was calling those lost back to covenant obedience.

Christians don't have a whole separate law from YHVH. They are to join themselves to Israel and be part of her covenants. Only Israel has the covenants (look it up). Outside of this are dogs and thieves trying to enter a different way...

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes or No: if you are circumcised, according to the law, are you a debtor to the whole law?

9. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of coarse. You enter covenant with the Father and you are now under His Kingship". That means you obey the King's decrees and perform His will. It is His kingdom which I openly submit myself to.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Sacrifice of Christ was for the lost sheep of Israel only?

Christ ministered to the lost sheep of Israel only...only in His fulfilling of His role as the Promised Messiah. This is a distinct Ministry from His Role as Savior of the World.

To think that To think He came only for the lost sheep of Israel begs a few questions:

1. Has God reneged on His promise in the Abrahamic Covenant (that all families of the earth would be blessed through Abraham);

2. Why has Israel been blinded?

Consider:

Isaiah 42:5-7
    King James Version (KJV)

5 Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

The Covenant of Law was established with Israel, not the world. Provision for Gentiles has always been in place, but, we see above Christ's ministry towards Gentiles, which we do not see in regards to His Ministry in Israel.

Christ was made under the Law, and ministered in the Law, and again I would point out that these distinctions will make or break your understanding of Scripture.

What religion are you, Jason?

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been born again, born from above, born of the Spirit, born of God?

God bless.

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you believe the master's words?

Mat_15:24 And He answering, said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Yisra’ĕl.”
    Mat 10:5 Yeshua sent these twelve out, having commanded them, saying, “Do not go into the way of the gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Shomeronites,
    Mat 10:6 but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Yisra’ĕl.
    He came to repair the breech with the northern kingdom. He died for their sin of idolatry which got them divorced and cut off from the land.

You are right, however, that Israel was to be a light to the nations. They failed in this task miserably by disobeying the Father's commandments.

Why do you think the Good News goes to the jew first?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Messiah, for it is the power of Elohim for deliverance to everyone who believes, to the Yehuḏite first and also to the Greek.
    It is to cause Israel to repent (walk in covenant) so they can be that light. Then gentiles (those without covenant) can join themselves to Israel and be part of YHVH's people (rom 11). Sadly, most jews rejected the message so Elohim had a plan to go to the gentiles where His people (northern israel) were scattered - through all the nations. He is calling the prodigal son back home.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's pretty obvious, Jason, that you have no desire for discussion or debate, but want to preach your religion to others. And while I don't have a problem with people doing so, even when it is a faith so distinct from Christianity, I don't really have an interest in participating in a thread where I am talked at instead of talked to.

It is also pretty obvious you are not reading the responses to your proposals, for at no time have I said "Israel would be a light to the nations," what I posted was the Word of God which made it clear that Christ would be a Covenant for the people and a light unto the Gentiles."

As I said, when you are ready to do the work, and have a discussion, let me know. My only interest is in what the Word of God has to say, not what people have to say about the Word of God.

God bless.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What did you do to get saved?

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason you have many excuses just like everyone else.

So if you had the opportunity you would go around killing people for not keeping the Sabbath.
    We have others who kill us because we are infidels.

We call them terrorists.

So, if you had the legal opportunity you would kill us sabbath breakers.
    After all it is better to obey God than men.

Regardless, break one law one time you are doomed.

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

HankD

16. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The verse you quoted is correct. Moses does accuse you when you break the torah of YHVH. It is what we shall be judged by. I hope you are found obedient on judgment day and worthy to gain eternal life.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE of us are worthy in ourselves to be saved, as that is what the death of Christ provided for us, as NONE of us can keep the Law as God demanded, but He did for our sakes!

18. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So now what is your response? Obey in newness of life or let him do it for you and you do what your flesh desires?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer is to do what the Bible declares to do to be saved, and its faith alone Grace alone!

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't need a concordance it might be specific here but in other places it is not.

You cannot do it specifically or generally since both mitzvouth (specific and general) exist in the Torah.

Absolutely!

It is not foolish. The "why" does not matter. God said not to make or possess images of any kind to have in your private possession.

God told Moses to make a ("fiery serpent" Heb. saraph), Moses made a ("brazen serpent" nechosheth).
    A saraph is a snake set on fire, a nechosheth is a brass image of a snake.

So if you had the legal opportunity you would kill me if I broke the sabbath?

Exodus 35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

When you turn on a light, there is a small fire within the bulb.
    When you start a car there is fire in each of the cylinders.
    When you use a stove there is fire even in an electric stove things will burn.

If you make the excuse that an electric stove has no fire but you burn something on the sabbath on an electric stove and there is fire you are worthy of death and you are cut off from God with no restoration possible.

One infraction and you are doomed.

Not so with Jesus.

Matthew 11
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

HankD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.