1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you love your church?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 15, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am amazed with my church. In mens study on Saturdays lately we have been studying the Doctrines of Grace and yesterday we studied Limited Atonement and Irresistible Grace and everyone came to an agreement! Verses like 1 John 2:2 were explained from a Reformed perspective and everyone agreed! Some may have disagreed but they did not speak during the discussion. In Sunday school we are going through a series on the Reformation by RC Sproul and much intellectual dialogue takes places during discussion time. In another men's discipleship class we are studying the book "Tell the Truth" and WOTM was commended for its biblical approach to evangelism and people seem to want to learn how to do biblical evangelism. I signed up to help out in a ministry and soon will be doing that. My days in the Arminian church known as the IFB will soon be just a long lost memory.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad you're being blessed, and used, by your church.
    Unity is a precious blessing to a church. All of us need to keep Ephesians 4:3 at the forefront of our minds.
    And to answer the question, yes, I do love my church. Not the bricks and mortar-- it's a building of zero architectural merit, except that it keeps the rain out-- but the people and their love for each other, for God and for His word.
    I was preaching this morning in the absence of the Pastor, and it felt a real privilege to serve God's people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get the same feeling when I am out witnessing. I feel great knowing that I am spreading the gospel and calling sinners to repentance.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What consensus has your study group come to on unBiblical divorce?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and then another blessing occurs when they are baptized and being disciplined!

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you love your church?

Yes. And our pastor is growing our church with fresh but scriptural ideas/methods - 252 Group, Small Groups...

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  7. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We go to multiple churches. A baptist church close, a Baptist Church an hour away (they only have 15 members) Im trying to help out with the relaunch to get more people to come. A non denominational an hour away, and a mennonite church back home. (3 1/2 hours away). Love them to much to pick

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mennonite church? Mennonite church?

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, are you a Baptist, a Mennonite, or Non-denominational?

10. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was raised mennonite, We don't have have any baptist churches near home that are any good. But I have been going mostly to baptist churches if i'm away from home. (over a year now) I have visited a few other churches yes, such a non denominational.

I agree with the baptist doctrine, I don't see much difference between the baptist here and the mennonite churches back home. Why do I have to "label" myself as anything? I understand for this forum...but My faith goes along with the baptist faith quite well. I am a "baptist" but I couldn't join if there was not one available. I have to start somewhere correct? Once I figure out where im going to actually live, I will stick to one church.

Whats wrong with that?

They are pacifists, and baptize by sprinkling. But I do not agree with that. But other then that, they are not really closed society, and legalistic if you are thinking that sort of mennonite.

Its far better then the extremely liberal "Baptist" church back home.

#10 prophecy70, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or, per a recent discussion, all three :Wink