1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Need A Psychological Assessment?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Martin, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok I think I have now literally seen/read everything. This has got to be the single stupidest thing I think I have heard of in a long time.

Headline: Isaiah Washington Begins Counseling.

Story: "The "Grey's Anatomy" star begins counseling at a residential treatment facility for his anti-gay remarks."

So now if you say something bad about a homosexual, or homosexuals, you need counseling? He thinks he needs a "psychological assessment".

If this story was not so pathetic it would be funny.

LINK

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I think you have to take into consideration his profession, the industry and the market for his "product". Insulting your colleagues, possibly your bosses, and a large segment of your audience on national tv is not a wise career move and could be seen as self-destructive. Anyway, it's his choice.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Daisy is right.

When I read the article, I couldn't help but think that this is a clever ploy to keep "Grey's Anatomy" from losing it's ranking in the ratings.

And possibly he is trying to keep his job and his future career.

The entertainment industry has a long history of, in general terms, supporting homosexuality more than any other industry. I'm sure that he works with more homosexuals than just that particular cast member that he publically called that name.

I don't think this particular instance is about forcing the general public to seek counseling for using negative words against a group of people or individuals.

It doesn't scare me, but it does annoy me. :rolleyes: