1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you need detergent for your laundry?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Baking soda works wonders. I've run dishes through the dishwasher using on baking soda and a bit of vinegar and they come out looking beautiful, even better than with cheap dishwasher detergents. When nobody's looking I never scrape dishes. LOL I make sure there's no actual stuff that could clog things but usually don't even rinse them first. I see no point in using a dishwasher if I have to wash the dishes first.

I generally use less laundry detergent than called for, but now that I read that, I'll use even less.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Around here phosphorus was banned in dishwasher soap. Universal agreement seems to be that the new stuff doesn't work well.

Commercial dishwasher soap wasn't messed with. I suppose we will have to buy a lifetime supply in one bag and give it to the kids in fancy boxes for Christmas gifts.