1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you really need to be a Christian to ask questions here?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Iyyob, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Except for two of us, Roman Catholic Christians cannot post on the B.B. However, you have a non-believer posting. I thought this forum was for Christians/Other Denominations other than Baptist. Could someone please explain?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Feel free to use the button to report his posts and point out you concerns to a moderator/admin.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Hmm, our friend Iyyob has been silent for a while, almost a week.

Surely he's not a drive-by poster.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I can't imagine that would ever happen here!

*wink* *wink*

6. Iyyob

Iyyob New Member

Tom unlike Christians I have been keeping the Feast as it is written in the Law.
    To the Christian that can understand the there is something wrong with their religion.
    I would strongly suggest that you go to The House Of Yahweh web site and have your Bible in hand.
    See what the prophets really said.
    Not what your lying preacher boy said.
    Goggle the house of Yahweh and read.

Your real friend Iyyob

7. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should all us "preacher boys" be offended here? Well, I guess if I respected the opinion of the "House of Yahweh" folks taught I would. Not worth my time of effort.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If this is what the "House of Yahweh" offers, then I want no part of it.

I've read the Bible - without the cult of the HOY and I can see clearly on the website within seconds that it is a cult in a big way.

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Agree with Ann.

Praise God I can read the Bible and learn it's content for discernment of Truth or untruth - that would include spotting a lying pastor. AND I don't think I've met but few of those in all my years. Thankful for godly men like my dear Brother Gary!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And my own husband who I don't think I have ever in the 25 years we've been married heard him lie.

#30 annsni, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Glad to see you are back. Which feast were you keeping?

I'll make you a deal. I'll read the material on your website if you'll answer some questions for me.
    1. Who is Jesus to you?
    2. Do you believe Jesus is Deity?
    3. Do you believe in the Trinity?
    4. Do you believe that his death on the cross was to atone the the sins of sinners?
    5. Do you believe Jesus rose from the dead?
    6. Do you believe that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, and will return to us some day?

Regarding my "lyin' preacher boy": Watch your mouth.

No one who speaks of my beloved pastor that way is my "real friend." And you should apologize for your intemperate remarks.

You don't have to apologize to me. I'm a big boy. But you stepped way over the line of civil discourse.

#31 Tom Butler, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  12. billwald

billwald New Member

Those who say Christianity is not a religion confirm my thesis that Christianity is gnostic in the sense that it gives hidden meanings to common words that only insiders can understand.

Definitions of religion on the Web:

• a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"
    • an institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"
      wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    • A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Wikipedia is not an authority on Biblical Christianity. I use the adjective "Biblical" to differentiate it from "the Christian world" in general or "Christendom," for there is a difference.
    Biblical Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship; a relationship with Jesus Christ based on the Word of God. It is alive and vibrant, not dead and based on the do's and don'ts of religions.
    It doesn't have to speculate or philosophize about things like creation, for the Christian personally knows the Creator. That is what makes the difference.

14. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He seems to hold the scripture in high authority. Let's use the scriptures to show him the gospel.

Iyyob, what do you think Paul is saying here in Romans about the purpose of the law and prophets?

15. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I'm still waiting for Iyyob to answer some of our questions. I'm not holding my breath.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess the house of pancakes guy wouldn't like my church when we sing "Guide me oh thou great Jehovah" :tongue3:

17. billwald

billwald New Member

>Biblical Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship; a relationship with Jesus Christ based on the Word of God. It is alive and vibrant, not dead and based on the do's and don'ts of religions.

As I said, gnosticism gives hidden meanings to common words just as illustrated above. If I can't go to a dictionary to find the meaning of a common word then what good is any dictionary?

As least Catholics common words in standard ways that anyone should understand.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is biology also gnosticism?
    For accurate biological definitions one has to use a book suited to that purpose--in the field of biological sciences.
    The same is true with any field of science or any other topic. My wife can't even find accurate cooking terms in a common dictionary. Does that make her a gnostic?

The terminology used in theology is different than that used in a common dictionary. You ought to know that. That is not gnosticism; it is common sense. My son, an IT technician doesn't go to a common Webster's dictionary in his field either.

19. Iyyob

Iyyob New Member

Hope to see you in the soon coming Kingdom.

Iyyob

20. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

What happened to the nuclear war that was supposed to start on September 12, 2006?

What happened to the nuclear war that was supposed to start on June 12, 2007?

What happened to the nuclear war that was supposed to start on June 12, 2008?

Please comment on the fact that Yedidiyah Hawkins, one of your Elders, is a child molester. Has your group stopped fellowship with him? Or is he still considered an Elder, even though he is currently in jail?

Your group believes that Yedidiyah Hawkins is one of the two witnesses that have been prophesied. Given that Yedidiyah Hawkins is a child molester, do you still believe he is one of the two witnesses? How will he carry out his duties as one of the witnesses while he is in jail?

If you believe that you must keep the 613 laws, then why is tithing voluntary and not a sin?

#40 matt wade, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.