1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Recommend Study Noted Bibles?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JesusFan, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Or prefer just the Bible text with cross references only?

2. CF1

CF1 New Member

I love study Bibles to shed new light, to get a better glimpse of Heaven.

My favorites are:

ESV Study Bible
    Reformation Study Bible
    Ryrie Study Bible

There are others I would like some day, but have not yet aquired
    MacArthur Study Bible

I also often use the following commentaries, which are like books of study bible notes:
    Matthew Henry commentary
    Believers Bible Commentary
    Numerous other single book commentaries

In addition Systematic Theology books help look at a cross section of themes.

It is good to compare various authors to see what they all say, and what support they offer for their positions.

This all brings glory to God to have a "discussion" with other authors about how to understand and know God at a deeper level, with more love, and more joy!

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

It is good to see what others believe when they read the same verses we do. But make sure that they line up with the written Word.

Some like MacArthur's study bibles, some like Dake's, some like the old Scofields, some the the KJV study bible, some like the Life in the Spirit(or something close to this). It all boils down to one's personal preference.