1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You think Ghosts and paranormal is real today?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As seen on all these reality shows such as "Ghost Hunters?"

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all part of the great deception.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As seen on Ghost Hunters . . . no.

Yes, the occult is real. Had any of the Ghost Hunters real experience with the occult, they would all quit.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Ghosts and paranormal are a figment of the carnal mind.

Ghosts and paranormal are a figment of the carnal mind. They are certainly contrary to Scripture.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Reality shows" are all staged - faked - scripted - sound effects added - edited to present a false reality - for entertainment purposes only.

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is a ghost in the Bible...plus some zombies too depending on how you read the text.

So yes, absolutely I believe in ghosts and demons.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My personal theory--with scant Biblical backing--is that with the introduction of the Holy Spirit indwelling of Christians, demonic activity and ghost sightings are far less frequent than in the days before Christ. I believe that Christians as the "salt of the earth" act as a deterrent to demonic activity. However, when you get into areas on Earth where the Christian influence is minimal you will see more of this activity. Does that make sense?

8. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unbelievers are true zombies - physically alive yet spiritually dead.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Short....

....all things are possible. But, it is my opinion that ghosts aren othing more than demonic spirits who have taken on the form of the person who has passed.

Yet again, Saul conjured up [with the help of a medium] a ghost, and there were those in the grave who were released to walk about during the crucifixion. And the Disciples must have believed in ghosts, because when they first observed Jesus walking over the stormy waves, they cried out that it must be a "Ghost!"

If we believe in Satan and his minions, there is nothing that they can't and won't do to grab the attention of the living in order to drag them off to hell with them. :praying:

10. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Yes and No...

Short answer is...yes ghosts and spirits are as real as the unseen spirit world that the Bible speaks of. As for the ones on TV...well....anything is possible but I deliberately DO NOT watch shows like that anymore because I don't want them to have an entrance into my home OR my mind. The occult is real and we should shun and avoid it. It would be difficult to distinguish between what is real and what is false by our finite senses so there is nothing to gain by taking chances. I do believe the Bible teaches us to avoid such things. I would encourage everyone who has questions about this to consult Deut. Chapter 18,verses 10-12. I think that covers the subject pretty good. It certainly warns us about the kind of stuff they try to do on those Ghost Hunter shows. There are many other places in the Bible that warn about witchcraft and such things. It should be avoided. If you play with fire you will get burned.

Bro.Greg

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree there is an occult, and if one could experience it, the result would not be vague voices or images on various electronic devices. I think the confusion comes in over the identity of such entities. Sometimes we assume it is a human spirit, yet the Bible say absent from the body is present with the Lord for the saved, or to hades for the other group. The parable of Lazarus and the rich man make this quite clear. The experiences that living humans have had with the occult or paranormal are not human souls, but demons or other evil beings.

Although I believe life is possible elsewhere in the Universe, I also believe any sightings we have had here on earth are in the same realm. They are not visitors from the stars, but some type of demonic activity.

I have on occasion seen the show "Ghost Hunters" that the thread refers to, and while entertaining, believe the voices and images to be staged. You are exactly right, Aaron, if I saw something like that floating in my bedroom, I would not be entertained, and would probably be cleaning up after an accident.

Also, it is my opinion that people who take this beyond watching shows like "Ghost Hunters" are playing with fire. I believe demons to be quite active, only invisible to us. To battle such forces, Jesus Christ/the Holy Spirit would have to be a very strong presence in ones life with a rare level of faith. In the NT, some who tried to battle demons were literally beaten up. Considering today's faith, that is what would happen to most today.

I like ghost stories around a camp fire, or a scary movie on occasion as much as anyone, but those who are obcessed with the subject have a flawed spiritual life. Our eyes are suppose to be on Jesus, not the occult.

Aaron, I have always wondered one thing though. The RCC has very exact details on how to handle demon possession, or demon hauntings. I have always wondered how we as Baptists would handle a situation like that. Obviously prayer and strong faith would enter into it, but what would a local NT church do?

Also, why do they always have to turn out the lights on "Ghost Hunters" before they start searching?

#11 saturneptune, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012