1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think the U.S. should stay the course in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Craigbythesea, Feb 27, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That would make for a great discussion FC. Start another thread and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. This isn't the place to do it. Maybe other people would like to disuss the actual topic of this thread.

2. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

the object was not to insult poncho but to awaken from the deception that says all America
    is corrupt that type of propaganda needs to be
    stifled our country is filled with christians who
    just need to be encouraged about the great nation
    God has given us and to know that even though things are not as they should be that we should never feel we are in a hopeless situation far too many have gotten away with slandering one of the greatest Nations ever formed by man a Nation
    that included God in it's beginning documents with intention of spreading the gospel of our Lord Jesus the Christ surely God has blessed the United States of America and it is up to us to keep it that way proclaim the gospel poncho make it loud and clear God has asked us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem I urge all to pray for our country as well

3. freedom's cause

using the aclu in your former message is not a credible way of getting my attention facts from
    any other source may be seen as credible I hope
    you are also concerned about the many in Iraq
    who have died defending their new found freedom
    and those living who have a chance at democracy
    unfortunately freedom requires sacrifice and yes
    even death to achieve Hitler had to be stopped
    Saddamn was no different and hamas syria and iran seem to have the same type of leaders

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Start another thread FC you can preach your sermon to me from there without ruining the rest of this thread for others. :cool:

5. freedom's cause

please remember poncho you started the aclu thing in your thread I only interpreted it
    democracy may not be for everyone but it's better than anything else so far of course I
    believe the future Kingdom of our Lord Jesus the
    Christ will be and I am waiting for that soon coming day is it ruining or enlightening

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Do any of us believe that there is a simple solution to this quagmire? There is no way out and no forseeable exit for our troops. Even Al Franken does not believe that we should withdraw our troops, at least not immediately.

Now there is talk of war with Iran....

Regards,
    BiR

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Jesus did say there would be wars and rumors of wars in the last days BiR.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Lets gert back to the topic at hand - any further posts that are not on the topic will be deleted without notice.

9. D28guy

D28guy New Member

OK, I'll assume that this is sort of a continuation of the "How many body bags will it take" thread that reached its page limit. I think.

I happened to post just before it ended, so I'll just repost it here...

Here is a news flash for those who advocate that we take the cowards way out and leave pre-maturely:

This is a war. And in a war...PEOPLE...WILL...DIE.

Why are people shocked that people are dying? I wish nobody where dying but we arent in heaven yet and in wars people die.

We are doing good over there. We are defending America. We are seeking to kill people who are out to kill us and other innocent people. We are making the world a safer place. We are ridding the world of scum in human form who are unfit to live in a civilised world.

To the claim that these are not the ones who bombed New York, remember what President Bush said...if you harbor terrorists you are just as guilty as the ones who bombed New York.

I shudder to think of what a mess we would be in right now if Bill "I never had sex with that woman" Clinton, or Al "he invented the internet" Gore were our President right now.

Mike</font>[/QUOTE]Now I'll respond to the response I got from "Craigbythesea"...

Oh really. And I assume that WE are the cold blooded murderers, right?

Craig, what in blue blazes do you think happened on 9-11?

Here is a refresher course:

1) These devils whom we call "Terrorists" have been very vocal about the fact that they seek to destroy the United States of America. That is their stated goal, and then they backed it up by...

1) BOMBING New York City

2) BOMBING Washington DC.

Does that register with you? Here it is again...

1) The have clearly stated that they seek to destroy the United States.

2) They backed it up by bombing New York City and bombing Washington DC.

And yet...this "isnt a war", is it?

If everyone thought the way you do back in the 1940's we'de all be either saying "Heil Hitler" every day or we would all be speaking Japanese.

We already were the most hated nation on the planet by these terrorists. We are not making them hate us now, they already did.

Let me repeat...

They bombed New York and Washington DC before we ever went over there.

Regarding the rest of the world, we are not the most hated nation in the world, we are still the nation that has done more good world wide to help others in need than any other nation on earth, and we are still the nation that millions flock to to be a citizen of.

No threat to us. It stuns the mind.

We are talking here about the terrorists who bombed New York and Washington DC and who are chopping the heads off of Americans, and "the Butcher of Bagdad" Saddam Huisein.

And yet they are "no threat to us"

Unbelievable.

And we are seeking to capture or kill those who murdered all those Americans whos only crime was going to work that day.

Every dead terrorist makes the world a safer place.

The ones who "declared war" Craig are those who stated that they seek to destroy the United States of America, and who then bombed New York and Washington DC.

Exactly.

They invaded this country, bombed New York City and Washington DC., and murdered thousands of our people.

Thats for another discussion. This discussion is about who declared war, and who attacked whom 1st.

Do you believe I am lying when I say that they bombed Washington DC and New York City 1st, after making it plain that the seek our destruction?

Thats what I am doing.

Mike

10. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As in, 'the Holocaust never happened', eh ?

11. D28guy

D28guy New Member

PinoyBaptist,

Apparently so.

I mean, I dont know what more someone has to do to declare war on another country, do you?

1st, clearly state that your goal is to destroy that county, and then bomb their two largest cities.

Yep. To me that pretty much makes it clear.

Clear as to what they have done, and very clear concerning what our next step should be.

Mike

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't get me wrong, Mike. I'm for 'staying the course', as the OP says.
    In fact, my son will probably be deployed to the war zones (though for his wife's sake, I hope not).
    But if our men and women out there have to watch their steps every time because of the Senators Tom, Dick, and Harry, and the leftist media breathing down their necks, then the enemy will be running circles around them.
    Heck, how do you extract information from a bunch of lunatics who do not mind getting themselves blown up while making IED's ?
    PAIN, and the knowledge they will NOT be killed.
    Pain and humiliation are the only things these kinds fear.
    Death means nothing to them, except a gateway to eternal pleasures in the presence of their seven virgins.
    Now I'll be beaten to death and called every kind of name in the book by the 'holies' of this board, but so be it.
    That's what I think, and am entitled to it.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I appreciate your thoughts but I just don't agree.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Some people are just happy to wave the flag while everything it stands for is degraded sold off and globalized I reckon.