1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you understand the Covenant This way?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, May 22, 2012.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

I said: "He has given mankind the atribute of "free will".

And you responded...

Right here...."I set before you life and death, blessing, and cursing. Choose life." (and that is just the tip of the iceburg)

I said. "no..but rather He wants to save the people who LOVE HIM BACK, and WANT to be with Him."

And you said...

Nobody is capable of doing good in the sense of being so good that they can "merit" salvation. THAT is the point God is making. Nothing more.

I said...

"He draws them, He gives them light, and they come to Him. And the ones who do not want anything to do with His gosple, He will..tragically...give them what they have asked for."

And you responded...

There is noone who "hasnt heard". God gives potentionally saving "light"..that can be accepted or rejected.. to every person who comes into the world, per John, Chapter 1.

You said...

Absolutly. We choose Faith, and faith alone..in Christ.

According to Gods testimomy, "Faith" is a "non-work. It is the opposite of work.

Hope this helps you in grasping the truth concerning these issues.

#41 Alive in Christ, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012