1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you View Churches Like Assemblies of God As being Christian ones?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Because there are some who think that only those who believe like them are Christian -- as can be seen in this thread.

2. reformed_baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whilst it is true that the gosple is the power of God unto Salvation I have to ask the question - how do we define those gospel essentials? What are they?

Also, as Salvation is by grace, and not by any ability we might have (including understanding) how much error can one embrace and still be saved?

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

We are to believe and obey God even before we are saved, so that He might choose to save us! We do not even have to have understanding to obey! Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways obey Him, and He will give you understanding.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMPOSSIBLE to obey God in the flesh before saved, for even the Apsotle paul had trouble with that , until he realised living by faith and power of the Spirit is the answer!

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do cals and Arms teach a different Gospel, jesus?

NO!

Both teach the Gospel, the lord still saves, we DO disagree on where His part ends and "our part" in it is!

Think we have to understand that the essential Gospel/message of jesus is same for both groups, and I thank God he did not require me to know the fullness of sotierology, nature of God and man before He chose to save me!