1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doctorate

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Ruiz, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

My doctorate application is finished and I am waiting to hear back from a school on my acceptance into their program. If I am approved, they may allow me to begin in January or, if I choose another school, later next semester. I do not see a problem with my application getting approved, but this is a big step for me.

So, I solicit your prayers for wisdom. As well, if approved then I will probably not come here as I will have a very heavy load. This next step would allow me to focus on teaching. Yet, getting my Doctorate will be difficult and is a long process.

Thanks

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

You're better off reading your bible to know Jesus, instead of the head knowledge. But congrats and best wishes.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am praying for you.

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I see that some already advocate a stance that says that one cannot BOTH read their Bible and follow Christ as well as study to show thyself approved...

Go with God and get that degree! :thumbsup:

5. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

For the record, I have three Masters, two in the Bible. Yet, my Doctorate will be in Business. While I hope to get my Doctorate in Theology, I teach business.

For the record, I do not think you can separate head knowledge and heart knowledge. You cannot be ignorant of God and love God... the more you know the more you love. God said to love him with all your head.

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, I wish I had done both 30 years ago.

Praying with you about it.