1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Documents Expose Huckabee's Role in Serial Rapist's Release

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why does politics always wind up in a who is the least unrighteous contest? There are none righteous, not one; excepting Jesus--we crucified Him.

Now let's get to the real issues: we need a cleaner form of mud.

The basic system still works folks--we have allowed it to gridlock. The people still have the ballot box, albeit a little stuffed from time to time. Some of that would go away if we would not allow incumbency. The ones with the most gold, oil and poppy seed still rule the world. Nothing new.

Dumb question: where is the gold?

Who do you trust?

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Re-check your armor, Huck.

Selah,

Bro. James

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let Huckabee be your governor for a couple of terms and let's see if you are still singing the same tune.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since I'll never live in the south or east, that won't happen.

4. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just curious

How about giving us a comparison of Huckabee with Mark. O. Hatfield from Ore?

Bro. James

5. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Hillclimber, honestly if it were you I think you would have looked at all the evidence, court transcripts and Dumonds past arrest records. I don't believe you would have come to the same conclusion as Mike Huckabee. This really does go deeper than being about Dumond's guilt or innocense. The courts found Dumond guilty. Before Huckabee came along and put in his nickels worth of influence the parole board unamoniously declined parole for Dumond, It goes much deeper than being about Wayne Dumond.

6. redbelt

redbelt New Member

If Mr. Huckabee could somehow influence all those parole board officials whom were all appointed by Democrats, then he really is quite amazing. My understanding is that shortly after the decision was made, at least one member on the board stated there was no influence given by Govenor Huckabee.
    Amazing what six years can do to ones memory.... hmmm.... ohhhh... you know what???? I think he did influence me... yeahh.. yeahh...

I wonder if the woman who Christ said to, 'Go and sin no more' ... I wonder if she sinned again? I guess some of you would say Christ should have let those men stone her. The law would allow them to do just that. Christ gave hope and a second chance. I think that's a Christian thing.

Mr. Huckabee would have been wiser not to grant anyone a second chance, but I believe he was more interested in doing his job, than worrying about politics.

I am not convinced yet that he directly influenced a parole board full of democratic appointees. He was HATED by democrats after getting elected. It doesn't make the 'common sense' test. Does it?
    Was he sooo feared that they cowered and bowed to a Republican? Yep.... i guess that was it!

Pass the koolade!

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you are inferring willful misdeeds on Huckabee's part, please point them out. That is what I don't see. I see mistakes, based on the info in his possession, not some nefarious plot or action.

That is a serious plea on my part, because as of now he is my front runner.

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And if he has such a quality of influence among the democrats then he looks even more appealling and could end this grid lock.

God Bless! :thumbs:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Absolutely correct.

Mistakes, ok, evil plots to unleash rape and murder upon the innocent.........let's put down that cup of kool-aid and sober up a bit.

God Bless! :wavey:

10. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

You know what gets me is that Mike Huckabee I am sure would have prayed over this decision whether or not releasing Dumond was the right thing or not....so what happened...l a bad connection? Fact is the parole board voted not to release Dumond before Huckabee came along. C'mon guys get that glazed look out of your eyes and think. Huck gave up being a Baptist Minister a long time ago. This was about dealing down and dirty politics at the expense of a young Woman who had been raped by Dumond, this same woman who pleaded not to have Dumond released add to this the deaths of two women from Missouri. Huckabee wasn't interested in facts he had all the whacked out info he needed from a whacked out nut by the name of Jay Cole. If it had been a situation that involved one of your family members would you still follow the Huckster. Mike Huckabee can not visualize putting himself in the shoes of a rape victim.Ya'll enjoy your Kool-aid.

#50 Petra-O IX, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  11. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Steaver, Huckabee is a Democrat with a Republican label.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I doubt that it matters what Huckabee says, has said, does, or had done to some of his suppporters. He's a former Baptist preacher and he is anti-abortion and that is all that matters to those kind of folks. I think Huckabee could advocate making himself dictator for life and do away with the U.S. constitution and they would still support him.

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

These documents are real and were posted on the Huffington Post.
    Despite what many may feel about the Huffington Post being biased and liberal I must remind you that these document that were on file are real from real victims. And yet these pleas were ignored..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/10/huckabeedumond-files-le_n_76188.html

#53 Petra-O IX, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You yourself have pointed out that the Dumond case was a "mistake". It had nothing to do with policy.

There is no such thing as a perfect leader, we can only judge by POLICIES that have been IMPLEMENTED.

So let's get off the mistakes and try to focus on the records of public policy.

Democrat or Republican really does not matter to me. I measure a man according to the scriptures. As of right now, with the dismal list of candidates, I would support Huckabee even if he was a democrat. There are a few democrats who understand what is murder and have some fear of the Lord left in them.

All conservative is not perfect, nor is all liberal, Jesus taught both!

God Bless! :thumbs:

15. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

The list still has some good names on it Fred Thompson, Tancredo and Ron Paul.

Questions about Huckabee, is he really soft on crime?
    ...Yes he is look at his record and of course he rallied behind the release of Wayne Dumond despite written letters from victims. Wayne Dumond had a history of violence and yet Huckabee states that no one could have known that he would have killed once being released. One thing is clear, Mike Huckabee does not fully comprehend what murder is,.... he has proven that much.