1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does all mean all?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Jun 11, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

sovreignty

Sovreignty means that what ever God say's goes.

He said that He is only going to save believers than it is His will that we are saved not our own.

Man without the word of God can do nothing.

It is is Jesus words that are Spirit and Life. It is His words that is His Fathers not His own. It is His words that wakens us.

We are dead, but the life we need is in the words of Jesus.

God through believers brings this life to men

Romans 10:17
    Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

Romans 10:
    14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"[ Isaiah 52:7]

2 Corinthians 5:16
    So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. ...

No one is seeking after God, that is why we have been sent out.

It is God through us with the words of Spirit and Life that brings before man a choice between life and death. Choose life so you may live.

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Very well put!

I don't understand how anyone could come to the supposed belief these Calvinists do. It is indeed sad to see how they have allowed the teachings of a mad man (Calvin) to influence their understanding of God.

The Gospel is very simple: Believe and be saved; don't believe and be damned.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The "natural man" is the sin nature, what every human being has, not only a lost person. This is evident by 1 Cor. 3:1.

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, the Gospel is very simple. So why do some not believe it?

5. psalms109:31

Calvinist

I see a lot of truth in calvinist teaching, but in any teaching outside the scripture it is incomplete.

The only complete work of God is the scriptures.

Yes before Jesus was raised to the right side of God, all what calvinist teach is correct.

Jesus undid the curse of Adam and opened the door for the world

Romans 5:12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
    15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

18Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men.

John 3:6
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 7:18
    For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

22For in my inner being I delight in God's law;

24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

We have a hope and His name is Jesus

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I couldn't agree more. What if I told you that the answer to the question I asked (Why do some not believe?) can be found in scripture, and can be very easily understood? Here it is:

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep,..

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

7. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hello Rippon, I just notice your "snippits". LOL

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, man can choose to do evil but he cannot choose to not do evil. He made the creature subject to vanity but not willingly, but by reason of Him who subjected the same in hope. Man was made subject to vanity but it was not God's will. He created man to give Him Glory and Honor. Man is not just a peice of meat but is a living SOUL.

9. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The whole creation looses its meaning without the redemption; it was not the creature's will to be subjected to vanity, but it was God's, and that subjection was necessitated by the plan of redemption. So God has subjected the whole creation to vanity - and hope - so that not only will the creation be returned to its former glory, but will enjoy a more excellent, yea, perfect glory with the Holy God.

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

This is part of the answer, but not all. Why are some people not part of God's sheep? Is it because they have not been chosen to believe? No! It is because:

John 3:19
    19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
    (NIV)

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sure it was God's will that the creature be subject to vanity and you accept that then why don't you accept the rest of the Scripture that says "by reason of Him (God) subjected the same in hope". well that seems to take them all in doesn't it?

12. psalms109:31

Not my sheep

In fact they were His sheep.

As the scripture says, He came into His own and His own accepted Him not.

Jesus said they were not His sheep, because of His own words.

If you disown me on earth I will disown you before my Father in heaven.