1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does anyone have a problem with these statements?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here are some statements that have been made and I wonder with all the discussions of Soteriology and Calvinism vs. Armenianism and a whole slew of other similar discussions on faith and attonement that these points be looked at

(Sole Deus?)

(God initiates and mans response should be faith?)

(what would Calvin or Armenius would say in regards to this?)

(is this true?)

Now this next item should start a dialogue because it definately is not Calvanism;

I'm curious of your discussions

2. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one has replied so I gues the topic is not interesting enough for people or they are in agreement with it? Now here is the twist. I pulled these statments strait from the Catholic Catachism.

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

God Bless,

See with me, I just try to focus on God's Word and ask the holy spirit to guide me each step of the way. I will never label my self anything else than a Christian. Many in the body are more faithfull to John Calvin and defend him in such a way that its amazes me, same with others.... let's just focus on God's word.

Like for example: 5 point Calvanism...... where in the word of GOD... is there a verse that talks about 5 point Calvanism, the name John Calvin doesnt even appear in the word of God, yet people on a daily basis call themselves calvinists... or non calvinists.. or arminians or whatever.... how about we just be Christians and follow God's word instead of a man's interpretation of the word.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thinkingstuff:
    "(Sole Deus?)"

GE
    Is there a difference between 'Sole Deus' and 'soli Deo'? Can you please explain to me the difference, if there were.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thinkingstuff:
    "(God initiates and mans response should be faith?)"

GE
    No! The subtle difference is most important, making all the difference: God initiates and man's response WILL be faith! Then God also, maintains that faith; Protestants / Calvinists call it 'perseverance of the saints'.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have you experienced this pro-activeness of God? Well, I have just this last hour or so. Speak of miracles!

7. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I made that up. I was playing with Sola Fide (faith alone). How about salvation comes from God alone. I'm sorry if I confused you I am a bit mischievous. I was trying to pull out some conversation about these statements of faith. A protestant pillar is Sola Fide. Showing that salvation is not reliant on works but on belief. I believe as do Calvinist and Catholics and others that I cannot believe with out first the intervention of Gods grace. So my salvation resides soley and entirely with God. He gives me faith and maintains it and in a mystery of salvation provides me the oportunity to "work out my salvation" and to reveal my faith by being obeidient to him with the works I perform. Nevertheless, God is the author and finisher of my faith. So made up latin Sola Deus.