1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does anyone still think George W. Bush is saved?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Daniel David, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Tryphena

Tryphena New Member

In accord with your above message, there is also an article on Truth or Fiction website quoting President Bush. It is well worth reading for all who are interested in his personal statement of faith in Jesus Christ imho.

2. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Quote made from George W. Bush to an Austin-American Statesman newspaper reporter:
    Later, a reporter pinned him down by asking him if he believes heaven is only open to Christians. He answered, "No, I don't believe that. I believe God decides who goes to heaven, not George W. Bush."

3. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

I disagree with the President. Islam does not worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. However, the President's remark does NOT automatically void his profession of faith in Christ, but he will need to clarify his remark. It would have been better if the President made a reply something like this: "I have great respect for the religion of Islam, but I cannot speak for them concerning their beliefs."

Presidents feel pressured that they must have an answer to all questions. Maybe the President was feeling this way. Sometimes, it's okay to say "I don't know" or "I'm still studying on that issue."

4. Nomad

Nomad New Member

I don't know if Pres. Bush is saved or not. What I do know is that I've heard some genuinely saved people make some crazy, theologically ignorant statements. It's (sadly) to be expected in our biblically illiterate, anti-intellectual age. It may well be that Bush falls into this category, rather than in the category of the lost.

5. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Originally posted by Jailminister:
    Quote made from George W. Bush to an Austin-American Statesman newspaper reporter:
    Later, a reporter pinned him down by asking him if he believes heaven is only open to Christians. He answered, "No, I don't believe that. I believe God decides who goes to heaven, not George W. Bush."

Now that, I must say, Is indeed speaking against an essential Christian doctrine. I will (eating crow) re-evaluate my support of Mr. Bush.
    Of course, I must evaluate all of the candidates before stepping into the booth in Nov. 2004.